Jasonerickso…, Renter in Salt Lake City, UT

I want to do a rent-to-own program for a home,but don't know where to begin?I was browsing Trulia.com for a room to rent,and came across it,.

Asked by Jasonerickson35, Salt Lake City, UT Tue Feb 4, 2014

I want to know if I would qualify,being on SSI(Social Security Income)$720 $720 a month($1440)??

Answers

2
There are many scams online and you should proceed with caution. Start by meeting with a local and trusted loan officer that can tell you if you can get a loan and if not what it will take and how long to do so. Most lease purchase homes are not listed as rentals but for sale. A good buyer agent could help you identify what sellers may want or need to lease with a purchase
Your first stop before looking for a home is to meet with a mortgage lender at your bank, or credit union. Being a pre-qualified buyer puts you in a much better negotiating position when you want to buy. Unfortunately there are not a lot of rent to own programs available right now. Good luck!