Jasonerickso…, Renter in Salt Lake City, UT

I want to do a rent-to-own program for a home,but don't know where to begin?I was browsing Trulia.com for a room to rent,and came across it,.

Asked by Jasonerickson35, Salt Lake City, UT Tue Feb 4, 2014

I want to know if I would qualify,being on SSI(Social Security Income)$720 $720 a month($1440)??

Answers

3
An agent should be able to provide you a list of any rent to own options. In today's market there are not as many as in the past. As inventory continues to grow, these types of opportunities should be increasing again.
There are many scams online and you should proceed with caution. Start by meeting with a local and trusted loan officer that can tell you if you can get a loan and if not what it will take and how long to do so. Most lease purchase homes are not listed as rentals but for sale. A good buyer agent could help you identify what sellers may want or need to lease with a purchase
Your first stop before looking for a home is to meet with a mortgage lender at your bank, or credit union. Being a pre-qualified buyer puts you in a much better negotiating position when you want to buy. Unfortunately there are not a lot of rent to own programs available right now. Good luck!