Home Buying in San Diego>Question Details

Jc, Home Buyer in San Diego, CA

I want to buy rental property up to $250,000 in San Diego. Which suburbs are safe and easy to lease out in my price range?

Asked by Jc, San Diego, CA Tue Jan 11, 2011

Answers

3
safe is a relative term and as a landlord you want to avoid making representations as to "safety". i've been landlording for years and have a rule that the home is more important than the 'hood. go for a common 3 bedroom two bath with a garage and you'll be fine. i have also decided that i like condos in some cases if the numbers work due to the ease of ownership. many landlords don't like them for their own reasons.

you need to give us more info to get a proper response, but you should be looking in areas like lemon grove, spring valley and such where the prices have been hammered but rents are decent (from your viewpoint) enough to make the deal a payday. i have been seeing excellent deals in escondido to oceanside as well.
Hello JC, if you would like me to refer you to a local San Diego based competant realtor, please let me know. They can assist you with crime stats, market rent surveys, etc. and answer any additional questions you may have about purchasing rental properties. Also, if you need financing, I would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.

My email is monique@affinity-financial.com
You should contact a local Realtor to assist you in your search for properties, I suggest you do a little homework about neighborhood crime, schools etc. These statistics are easily obtained on the web doing a Google search.