Home Buying in Las Vegas>Question Details

TicklePink, Home Buyer in Las Vegas, NV

I want to buy my mom a house in Las Vegas. I can pay cash for any asking price, but I have no credit. Will this be a problem for me? I'm new to this=(

Asked by TicklePink, Las Vegas, NV Sun Nov 24, 2013

Answers

34
Team D'Ercole, Matt & Kim’s answer
We have a number of seller right now that will offer you a 5 to 10% discount because you are paying cash and can close quickly. All sellers would prefer cash buyers. We've been helping buyers and investors since 1985 and can help you with moving and any relocation services if you need help with that. We've helped thousands of buyers and would love to help you and your family. Thanks, Kim and Matt. Prominent Realty Group LLC - 702.501.0973
No problem. Best place to start is to hire an Exclusive Buyer Agent. EBAs only work with homebuyers and there is never a conflict of interest that will jeopardize your negotiating position. Visit http://www.naeba.org for a referral to an Exclusive Buyer's Agent in your area.

I've had a book published on Amazon called Buying a Home: Don't Let Them Make a Monkey Out of You. It will teach you how to buy a home without getting ripped off. It'll be the best $6 you've ever spent. Follow the link below.

Best of luck!

Alysse Musgrave
214-734-3863
Alysse@HelpUBuyAmerica.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 24, 2013
If you buy with cash then you don't need credit like you would if you were to apply for a loan.

For your home search, try working with a local Realtor that knows the area that you would like to buy a home. They can set up a customized search for you and they have direct access to the MLS. A lot of the websites available to the public contain listings that are inaccurate (i.e. not for sale, already pending, etc.). Good on ya for buying a house for your mom! Good luck with your home search! http://about.me/jasonwalter
Can you show where the cash is being held?

David Cooper Las Vegas Investment Group
Get a FREE List of Short Sales and Foreclosure
http://www.lasvegaswinner.org
No Problem at all.
To search for homes and relocation guides go to: http://www.vegashomes4me.com
WAY TO GO !
What a great son you are im sure your mom is so appreciative.
Yes you can purchase a home all cash and not have to worry about a credit check.
However, there are other considerations you should discuss with your Realtor and Mom.
How is her health does she need to be close to hospitals ,shopping , doctors . will she have her own transportation to get around town.

Also does she prefer a one story home and may not be able to climb stairs.
Will she need any type of living assistance .
If she is healthy and able to get around by herself. Is she active and social.
These are just some questions that I would want to know before showing you both a home.
Keep in mind your not just buying her a home but a safe place where she can thrive.

Would love to assist you in your search...

Best to you and your Mom.

Helene M Moore
Windermere Prestige Properties
2200 Paseo Verde Parkway suite 160
Henderson Nevada 89052
702-275-2192
helenem@windermere.com
If you are buying cash your credit score will not be used. If you tell me a little more about the type of home your are looking for for your mother I would be happy to send you properties that match. you can send me the info directly below or you can fill out my buyer's form here and I will reply with the matching properties.

you can find my buyer's form to start your free home search here: http://lvrealestatehelp.weebly.com/buying-real-estate.html

If there is anything else I can help you please let me know.

Robert Adams
Broker/Salesman
The Adams Team at
Rothwell Gornt Companies
C:702-349-9175
O:702-932-8813
F:702-932-8826
RobertAdams@LVrealestateHELP.com
http://www.LVrealestateHELP.com
I can see you have an answer to your question. I am happy to help you now or in the future look for a new home, or with any questions you may have. Thank You 702-807-6490
yes, you can buy any house if its cash
Yes, you can buy and I can help you. I will be working all holiday week. Call me if you want to get a great deal!!!

Alex Kursman
Horizon Realty Group
7361 Prairie Falcon Rd. #110
Las Vegas NV 89128
Fax: 702-553-3479

E-mail: akursman@Hotmail.com
Website: alexkursman.com

Check Me Out on ---> NeighborCity.com OR Zillow.com
No credit..... No Problem.... Cash is good....
You should have no problems finding a realtor.
Best of luck
"...pay cash for ANY asking price..."....but I have no credit.
23 folks have already responded to 'cash' can make a whole bunch of problems go away, such as the need to rely on a credit score.
-
This cash, however, must be seasoned or traceable. If you have ten million in cash in your sock drawer, it is essentially, not spendable, for anything big.
-
If however, you have lived frugally, addeded diligently to your 401K or investment portfolio, you will be "GOOD AS GOLD!"
-
Call a Las Vegas REALTOR, many have clearly provided their telephone number.
If you are serious, pick up the phone and CALL. The REALTOR will be able to assess the action most benefical for you and your MOM.
-
Do I get extra points for not tweaking the screen name?

Best of success,
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax Realtec Group
Palm Harbor, FL
727.420.4041
Move to the Front of the Line
(http://FirstLookHomes.us)
Cash is a good thing in this market. I respect your decision to buy your Mom a home. I would suggest that unless it is a surprise we conference with her and find out just what would make her the happiest.

Call anytime!

Search http://www.Las-Vegas-Real-Estate-Home.com

Phil Scheinman, ABR, GRI, E-PRO
Broker * Sales Agent * Realtor
Realty One
2831 St. Rose ParkwaySte. 100
Las Vegas, NV 89074
Direct: 702-580-9198
Fax: 702-405-7659
E-mail:smokey25@cox.net

http://www.philScheinman.com
Same answer here. Being a cash buyer helps you get a house in Vegas, as most buyers are trying to compete with cash buyers, and cash almost always wins. Credit is a non issue for your situation.If you are looking for a realtor, Im happy to help. I always answer my phone, or get right back to calls.
Marilyn Mattson
Remax Advantage
702-379-0021
Mmattson@cox.net
If you don't need a loan, you don't need credit.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 24, 2013
If you can pay cash, then pay cash. You need no credit history or FICO score for cash. You will need to show where the funds came from and how long they have been in your bank. You will need to show that it was earned money - i.e. from paychecks or 401K's that you saved - or that you received money as a gift. Money should be in your account prior to 3 months for you to qualify for a cash purchase by the title companies.
Even if it's a gift or settlement
Flag Wed Jan 1, 2014
Hi TicklePink,
Anyone can purchase a property for cash and for someone else, provided that the cash comes from a bank or another financial institution that will cover the price of the property. One's credit does not need to be verified if one is paying cash as there is no lender involved.
Most sellers would prefer cash as it can close quicker.
It is best to purchase a property with title insurance to ensure a clean and clear title, so there are no liens on the property and a good real estate agent can help you with that.

I would be more than happy to help you with finding your mother a home and to answer any other questions.

Charmaine Lai CRS, CDPE, CFAC, RSPS, SFR
Realty One Group
(702) 334-3773
charmaineclai@gmail.com
Cash is king. You do not need credit if you have cash - as long as cash is k bank or financial institution. This is called aging the funds
I would like to be your realtor and assist you. To do a professional job, we mind to talk. Please call. 702-994-4849
Search online for desert city realty Joe radosta and check my website,read client testimonials and give me a chance to help. All you need is cash and the right agent and you can get a home fairly simple.
hi, my name is blanca buonomo I been in vegas since 1970 I know vegas pretty well. my cell is 702-461-4036, call me any time, any day .let know the area, size and price, lm at your service. no, cash is king, all you need is to have the money in the bank for at least 1-2 months, you might be able to get a home fore last and fasther then getting a loan. hope to hear from you.
No problem, cash is king...no need for credit if you've got the cash.
Cash is king. Since you will be paying cash no financing is involved so no need for credit. Make sure your cash is "seasoned" in your account meaning a minimum of 90 days.

Over 60 % of the transactions in Las Vegas have been cash. You will need to provided POF (Proof of Funds) at the time of sending a contract.

Call me so we discuss a strategy on purchasing a home for your mom

Dawn Houlf
Exit Realty Number One
10655 Park Run #100
Las Vegas, NV 89144
702-236-6266
yes you may, cash is much better...can i have your no. if possible to discuss over the phone...thanks!
Hello Tickle Pink,

My name is Lisa Beckers and I am a local Realtor in Las Vegas. Buying a house for your Mom in Las Vegas with no credit is No Problem. You don't have to worry about loan financing but you will just need to make sure that your money is what they call "seasoned." This means you will need to show the money in your account for at least 2 months.

Please call me to discuss and I would be happy to answer any questions or put you on the right track. I deal with cash buyers daily and would be happy to help. Please let me know what your Mom would like to have and I will certainly find her the perfect home.

Lisa Beckers
Realty One Group
702-683-3532
Lisa@TeamBeckers.com
Just curious, how does on accumulate lots of cash and have lousy credit. If you really don't want to expose the source of your funds, don't buy a house. Evan with cash, there will be a paper trail and an escrow account. Lots of questions??

David Cooper Lasd Vegas Investment Group Since 1994
Superior Investment Results Can Be Yours Today
http://www.lasvegaswinner.org
Hi, in most cases you will be able to pay cash for a home w/o any issues as far as having negative credit. Give me a call so we can discuss what your credit issues are. This will help me to better answer your questions! There is no need to get discouraged though as there is a way to make this work.

Laura Bauer
Foundation Realty, LLC
702-370-1072
lauri365@aol.com

http://www.trulia.com/voices/profile/Real_Estate_Pro-Las_Veg…
Good day Tickle Pink,
I am tickled that you asked the question before you attempt the purchase.

If you have a lien on your person that cannot be removed, you will not be able to have title transferred to you through an Escrow company with Title Insurance. A typical lien on your person could be a tax lien, education loan not paid, utility lien, judgment through a court system, etc.

The lien holder may force you to sell the property and provide payment of funds to the lien holder. Now you have no money and no property. Although, the lien may be paid off.
The lien holder may be able to directly seize the property for payment. Now Mom is living in someone else's property. Same issue, no money and no property.

You could purchase the property with out an Escrow and Title company involved. I DO NOT CONDONE THIS ACTION. This is bad news. When you break the chain of title insurance in Nevada, it is very difficult to mend the break. Sales of real property in NV must be marketable title. You may not be able to sell the property without title insurance.

Only a fool would provide payment to purchase a property without title insurance. Only another person with cash would be able to purchase the property from you and then they have the problem. Not a smart move.

Once you own the property, your name will come up in a search that the lien holders do looking for assets to take to pay the lien. Once again, when you least expect it, no property and no money.

Some Title Insurance companies will provide a current insurance policy that starts with the new purchase. Bad news for current Buyer. The property could be taken by a claim on the title before the new policy was in force.

There are many ways for you to provide housing for your Mom, both legally and ethically. Both are important when dealing with Real Property in Nevada.

Call me and I will assist you in making Mom happy with out jeopardizing her new home and your funds.

Try my new mobile ap for your phone.
Go to http://www.teamgoldman.org and save it to your home screen.

Please contact me immediately if you know a person that cannot make their mortgage payments. I will work with them to avoid foreclosure or bankruptcy at no charge or fees to them.

The Brodkin Group
Steven Goldman, CRS
Broker Salesman
Certified Distressed Property Expert (CDPE)
Certified Default Advocate (CDAT)
Certified Short Sale Professional (CSP)
Certified Probate Real Estate Specialist (CPRES)
REO-BPO Certified
GRI, ABR, SRES, CNHS, PM, CCI
Realty One Group
10750 W. Charleston #180
Las Vegas, NV 89135
Direct 702-242-1372
Fax: 866-286-2099
E-Mail: crssteven@teamgoldman.info
http://www.teamgoldman.info
No if you are paying cash your credit is not an issue. Need assistance call me. 702-985-5412
Hi and thank you for your question!. If you're paying cash for the home you will not need good credit. The only reason you would need good credit is if you were getting a loan on the property.

If you would like to discuss you home search in more detail let me know. I can explain everything you need to know about buying a home and get you set up on a listing alert. That way you get the best homes and deals as they become available!

Please give me a call on my cell phone 702-809-5734 so we can get started with your home search. Or if you would like, email me the best number and time to reach you and I'll give you a call at your convenience. kblumberg1@gmail.com

I'll look forward to speaking to you soon,

Ken Blumberg
Horizon Realty Group
702-809-5734
kblumberg1@gmail.com

Ken Blumberg
Horizon Realty Group
702-809-5734
kblumberg1@gmail.com
Paying all cash makes the transaction easier. Contact a local agent and they should be able to help you out. When you submit an offer they will most likely want a bank statement showing you have the cash to cover the cost of the home.
Buying a house with cash, then credit is not required,
But the other things that go along with buying a house,
like utilities, insurance, etc, might require a cash deposit or higher rate depending on the those companies.
If you have cash, it doesn't matter what your credit is. :) We would be "tickled pink" to help you with this and talk you through the whole home buying process. We have been selling real estate in Las Vegas since 1983, and we help hundreds of families each year find the perfect home.

To learn more about us so that you can feel confident we are the right agents to assist you, please visit our web site at:

http://www.greatlasvegashomes.com/las-vegas-real-estate-agents.php

We would love to hear from you soon!

Diann Tonnesen
Prudential Americana Group Realtors
sold@GreatLasVegasHomes.com
702-985-7654

The Tonnesen Team - with over 30 years of experience helping families call Las Vegas "home!"
Hi TicklePink,

no, it will not if you want to buy for cash, so you'd be good to go!
If a buyer wants to get a loan, then the Lender will check buyers credit history, score, all financials provided in order to determine if and how much buyer can get qualified..
What type of a property you're interested in, condo, townhouse or a single family home, what area,,size, number of bedrooms, bath.. max price budget, of course.
Let me know.. please contact me below and I'll be glad to help you!
I can set up in our mls database - search engine the criterias and have you forward those currently available property listings!

Warmest regards,

Denny Hebibovich - REALTOR
Realty ONE Group, Inc.
8395 W Sunset Rd #190
Las Vegas, NV 89113

CELL: 702-241-6110
EFAX: 702-920-8775
EMAIL: Denny@PropertiesofLasVegas.com
WEB: http://www.PropertiesofLasVegas.com
WEB: http://awp208099.las.mlxchange.com
WEB: http://www.Immobel.com/LasVegasNevadaUSA/