Denmesam205, Home Buyer in San Antonio, TX

I want to buy my dad's house out of the estate, can my siblings and I agree on a price or does a judge have to be involved?

Asked by Denmesam205, San Antonio, TX Mon Oct 22, 2012

I am executrix and my dad left and invalid codicil stating he wanted me to have the house and land it is on. I received all the money on bank accounts by survivorship. I wanted to buy the house in order to put money into the estate, so my siblings could receive some money.

Answers

4
It would be great if all parties could agree without gettng the courts involved.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 22, 2012
So sorry for your loss. As a Realtor I am not able to give legal advice. Where is the property? If it is in AL I can suggest a Real Estate Attorney for you to consult to get the legal advice that you need.
Best of luck,

Aaron Sims
Weichert, Realtors-Access Reality
(205)834-0798
You would definitely need to consult wih an attorney on that matter. Only an AL licensed attorney is able to comment on your question and give legal advice.

Rodney Mason, NMLS #151088
Sr Loan Officer
Prospect Mortgage
825 Juniper St NE, Atlanta, GA 30308
Office: (404) 591-2453
rodney.mason@prospectmtg.com
Apply Online at http://www.rodneymason.com
Licensed in Alabama & Georgia

Prospect Mortgage offers a full selection of mortgage programs including:
Conventional | FHA | FHA 580-639 FICO | FHA 203K Renovation (Streamline & Consultant) | HomePath® | HomePath® Renovation | HomeStyle® Renovation | VA | USDA | GA Dream | Jumbo Financing
This is really a legal question that should be asked of an attorney. In theory, yes, you could simply agree and draw up a contract. However, there are other factors that may determine whether or not a judge or a court may have to get involved. My first reaction is, yes, this sounds like a good and fair plan that will not require intervention by a judge, but I am not a lawyer. Then again if no one objects....