Home Buying in Rockaway>Question Details

Niyi, Home Buyer in Rockaway, NJ

I want to buy house in Rockaway,NJ. I am nervous about it because I'm first time home buyer. Could you give me your honesty opinion about?

Asked by Niyi, Rockaway, NJ Mon Dec 20, 2010

Rockaway?

Answers

8
Honestly, I grew up in Rockaway, after college I lived in other parts of NJ for a few years and ended up moving back to Rockaway to raise a family. I think Rockaway offers not only great value but a perfect location in northern NJ that puts you equidistant to almost everything. I am a huge fan of Rockaway. Now is a great time to buye here to because prices have really never been better. Good luck.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 7, 2011
Hi Niyi,
Of course you are nervous! It will probably be your most significant lifetime purchase!.
However, feel good in knowing that you are buying in THE PRIME buyers market. With both prices and mortgage rates low it is THE time to buy.
I work a lot with new buyers and spend my first time with them getting all their information, and desires, and start with a mortgage person who can then help put a comfortable price range on our searching.
I also spend a lot of time explaining the whole home buying process to the new client, so that surprises are minimal.
Rockaway is one of my areas, so why don't you give me a call at 201-618-0309, and we can set up a time to meet and talk.
Best of luck to you,
Murph
As others have said, it is a fantastic time to buy, especially when you dont have a property to sell.
And of course you are nervous! But you are taking a very important step towards building equity. Stop paying your landlords mortgage and start building your own empire!
And also as others have said, surround yourself with seasoned professionals for every step of the way, agent, inspector, attorney, mortgage broker, etc.
Niyi,

It's a great time to buy a house. Homes have not been this affordable in over 20 years. Mortgage rates, although moving up, are still at historic lows. Real Estate prices are cyclical...prices WILL go back up. But, the most important thing to consider is that you need a roof over your head no matter where you want to live...if you are thinking of a home to live in, there are lots of good reasons to buy instead of rent. I would love the opportunity to meet with you and discuss your personal, individual situation to see if buying makes sense for you. Rockaway Boro is a great little town with a high Walkability score, which is going to be important to real estate prices in the future. Rockaway Township has many great neighborhoods with many, many available homes right now. White Meadow Lake is a community with many great amenities that people love. The Birchwood and Fleetwood communities are treasured by their residents. Rockaway Township also offers lake-front homes and communities with a very rural feel. Parts of Rockaway Township qualify for Rural Development loans, which are a no down-payment option.

Niyi, my honest opinion is that we should meet and explore your options, in Rockaway, and maybe in other areas as well. This is all about you and your goals and your needs and what you want. Please call me on my cell phone (201.463.9656) to schedule a consultation so we can find out just what you want to do, even if it is only to find out that you maybe aren't quite ready to buy. I look forward to working with you.

Mary
Niyi,

You will also need a very good loan officer that will take the time to educate you, spend time with you, be there for your when you call, and to hold your hand per se. I would be glad to help you and to answer any of your questions. I don't think you can always tell a lot from someone in the number of years that they have worked in any industry, but I have been in the mortgage industry for 18 + years.

jeff
Area Manager
Cell : 609-440-5133
e-mail : jbelonger@ihmci.com
Hi Niya-As a first time homebuyer you will want a real estate agent who will guide you through the entire process -Rockaway is a great town and buying a home now is a great decision with interest rates low and prices low -if you would like me to help you please reach out to me by phone anytime -I would be happy to talk to you about this. I work in Rockaway and the surrounding area. My name is LYNDA D'ORIO and I work for Weichert
Realtors -my cell phone number is 973*768*1888 -Thank you
Web Reference: http://lyndadorio.com
Hi- I lived in Rockaway for 30+ yrs both in the Boro and the Township, and all 3 of my children attended the schools there. I am very familiar with the Rockaways and would be happy to help you find a home there.
Give me a call at your convenience and we can start looking.
Regards,Carolle
973-960-8002
Rockaway is a lovely town. It is divided into two sections, Rockaway Township, near Route 80 and the mall, and Rockaway Boro, with a quaint Main Street area, small shops and restaurants. I am sure you would be quite happy there.

I have worked with several people and helped them to find homes in Rockaway. I would be happy to help you as well if you'd like. Just email me or give me a call on my cell phone. 201-602-4458.