Cindi Eppers, Home Buyer in Pensacola, FL

I want to buy but need advice

Asked by Cindi Eppers, Pensacola, FL Tue Jun 7, 2011

I currently own a home built in 2002 off of Innerarity Road in Pensacola. It has 1450 sq ft of living space but is now too small for me. I have 20 parrots and 2 small dogs, all rescued animals. Ten birds live in my Florida room and 10 live in the main area of the house - the great room. As birds need 10 hours of sleep at night I am compelled to vacate the great room early in the evening and put them to bed. So I basically live in my bedroom after 8 p.m. or thereabouts. I would like a home with an huge Florida room that will enable me to have my own living spaces private again. However, I still owe just under 70K on my home. Is there a way I can buy a place before selling my own home, using the equity I have in my current home? Or, would I have to move out and rent, and sell my house first? Renting a place with this many critters will be hard, of course. But it's equally hard showing a house with 20 birds, 18 cages, and 2 dogs in it.

Answers

7
You sound like someone with a tender heart. You would need to consult a Mortgage Lender. Many people buy a home before their current home is sold. It all relates to debt ratio, credit score, and your ability to manage financially two mortgage payments. I cannot imagine anyone wanting to take your home as a listing with that many animals in it. And showing it would be a nightmare for all concerned especially the birds. Is there anyway you could build an addition that would house the birds that is climate controled? You might be able to get a home equity loan that would allow you to do so. Seek Financial Advice First.
Just call me anytime, 850-377-9891. We need to set up a time to meet. My parents live off of innerarity point and I am very familiar with the area. Let me
know what works for you. Or email me at Kristen@donovanrealty.com
I have a house in mind for you, call me at 850-565-0159.
Cindi,

You would need to speak to a lender first. If you can purchase a home without selling yours, that would work out great for your pets. If you gotta sell first, we'd have to be able to rent back your current home for a few days or rent the one you are buying a few days early so you can have time to move everyting and everyone.
If I were you I would start by talking to a lender to see if you can qualify for another mortgage with the current one you already have, find something you like at the great prices we have and of course put your home up for sale, or consider leasing it. My comapny offers leasing services as well as listing and selling and I would be happy to evaluate the home and give you my opinion on what it would sell for and what it could lease for. Feel free to call me at 850-232-2200. Pam Keen
I can help you, but you need to speak to my IN HOUSE Lender for a current read on your qualifications. Call me at 850-565-0159 my name is Randy.