Home Buying in Arizona>Question Details

Srichmond2000, Home Buyer in Vancouver, WA

I want to buy a vacation rental in Maricopa County with positive cash flow. Gated community prefered. Not 55 . What communities/regions are best?

Asked by Srichmond2000, Vancouver, WA Tue Aug 16, 2011

Hi there ... much is going to depend on your price point, to be honest. The Fair Housing Act prevents agents from steering buyers toward or away from any given area based on subjective criteria. However, with a price point it at least gives us some guidance as to what might work strictly from a budget standpoint and we can narrow things down from there.

Feel free to answer here or through the contact link on my website.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Aug 17, 2011
If you personally prefer a gated community in a place everyone wants to be - you must consider North Scottsdale. With loads of fine dining, high end shopping, and loads of world class golf courses to choose from for your renters - it simply can't be beat. Notable gated communities to consider are DC Ranch which includes the spectacular Silverleaf, Ancala, and Desert Mountain. I concur that your price point will be your guide in this search - but you want to know what is best - Scottsdale is it in my humble opinion.
For detached homes ... east Mesa, Chandler, north Phoenix if they're available, Goodyear. For townhouses and condos, same areas and you can add Scottsdale to the mix.
Price point is under $200,000.