Home Buying in Paterson>Question Details

Jferreira, Home Buyer in Paterson, NJ

I want to buy a multi family home below 200k but I don't want to put my tenants in the worst area. How I now in what ZipCodes to buy?

Asked by Jferreira, Paterson, NJ Tue Apr 10, 2012

I have about 50k in the bank with my family. We want to buy a property with at least two families and a finished basement. I want to be able to pay the mortgage and the taxes from renting the house. Paterson seems like a good area because is closed to me (but I am considering other cities near Paterson) that I know my tenants would be somewhat safe, close to transportation and will probably pay me rent with no problems.

Any information shared would be a blessing.

Answers

2
07503 and 07502 are too of the nicer zip codes but under 200k may be a litle tuff to find anything.. You can also look in 07501 which may offer more.. The key is working with a good agent who knows the area..
There are several areas in Paterson that are disireable including Lakeview Section, Hill Crest, Peoples Park, River Side. Hawthorne, Elmwood Park are also disireable towns close to Paterson that can be affordable. Please call me and we can sit down and go over in more detail.