Home Buying in Bridgewater>Question Details

Radhika, Home Buyer in North Brunswick, NJ

I want to buy a house in white head rd Bridgewater...but I came to know that ..water in there has some problem..how can I find out about this problem?

Asked by Radhika, North Brunswick, NJ Sun Feb 3, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:


If there is a water issue, you would see marks on the walls and floor of basement, you can smell the mold. You can hire an inspector. Need help buying townhomes in Bridgewater?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Apr 11, 2013
Although I don't know of any problems that encompass the whole development - location of some of the units could be a negative as some back to 202 and the train tracks and fire station is close by; however, if you want first hand information you should contact the Property Management Company (Access Property Management) at 732-985-8500. They should be able to answer any of your concerns including water/flooding issues. On my website http://www.teresawoltman.com under the "Neighborhoods" tab I have a link to a questionnaire you can use for additional questions you might want to ask when you are considering a managed property - just click on "Buying a Townhouse?"
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 2, 2013
Hi Radhika, several homes have come on the market on Whitehead and sold almost as quickly - one that has been on for a very long time remains on the market, while others have sold quickly. Location matters in this neighborhood with some of the homes backing to the tracks or the highway. If you can avoid those attributes you are ahead of the game. Otherwise, very desirable because it presents the step up opportunity in space and price from townhome to single family home.

As far as possible issue with water - your first line of defense is to review the Seller's Disclosure. Next, hire a good inspector and highlight your concerns so that he/she can focus in on the issue. Then if there is a problem, you can request remediation from the seller in your inspection discussion.

To search among all acitvely listed properties in Bridgewater, visit http://www.homes08807.com.

If you'd like my assistance, I'd be honored to help you.

Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service, Unsurpassed Results
Web Reference: http://www.Homes08807.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Mar 31, 2013

By water do you mean the house has had water problems itself like flooding from a hurricane, or after heavy rain or just when a sump pump failed, or that it might be in a flood zone?

Sellers and their agents must disclose any known issues, including if there were water problems regardless of why there was water. Your attorney can find out from FEMA if the home is in a flood zone and requires flood insurance.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 5, 2013
Have you had an inspection? If you did, then I would hope the inspector gave you the scope of the water damage and what can be done to mediate the damage.
I would have Serve Pro or like company take a look and give an estimate to you. The look and estimate or free.
I have lived in Bridgewater for over 30 years and it is my market. Are you working with a Realtor? If not, let me know if I can help you through the process.

My best,
Lee Ann Melancon,
Broker/Sales Associate
RE/MAX Preferred Professionals
1311 Price Rodgers Ave.
Bridgewater, NJ 08807
Cell: 908-672-2450
Office: 908-685-0700
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Feb 4, 2013
Good Morning,

Dear Radhika,

The Bridgewater township health department could give you some guidance regarding this particular issue.


0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Feb 4, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer