Home Buying in Omaha>Question Details

NurseAmin, Home Buyer in Corona, CA

I want to buy a house in omaha, what are the best lenders out there? my income is $75000, credit score 780 and $15000 cash.

Asked by NurseAmin, Corona, CA Thu Dec 6, 2012

Am looking for a 4 bedroom between $150-200000 range. I need realtors with lots of experience because I am moving from New York with my family to start a new life and a great neighborhood with great schools are our priorities. Is conventional loan better or FHA? what are the taxes like? Any advice and help will be gladly appreciated!

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3102968576-14606-Larimore-Ave…

Answers

6
Scott Lamb’s answer
Let's get you with a lender... I would recommend two that are experienced and knowledgeable:
1. Joe Iaccheri w/ Regent Financial. 402-884-5613
2. Terry Tonkinson with Charter West. 402-592-9888.

One of them should be able to get you going and help you decide the best loan product for you. Please let me know if I can assist you after that. 402-706-3030.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 7, 2012
Steve Winteroff 402-250-6342 will do a great job getting you the right loan to fit your situation. I have 31 years experience in real estate and 17 here in Omaha. I know the areas, neighborhoods, and financing options. Feel free to call me for professional personal service, you wont be turned over to a buyers agent.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 9, 2012
I represent Celebrity Homes in Omaha. We build new homes all over the Omaha metro area. I would love to help you find the perfect new home. We have several 4 bedroom plans that would be priced under $200,000 & you could pick out the interior finishes you desire. Please visit my website http://www.MonicaLang.com I have been licensed since 1995 & have worked for Celebrity for over 15 years. We have 4 preferred lenders that could help you with financing. FHA is a great loan option where you could purchase with only 3.5% down. Coventional loans would have lower monthly private mortgage insurance so this is a great option if you can put down 5% or more.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 15, 2012
You will find exceptional value & inventory! I first moved to Omaha 20 yrs as active duty military & have been a full time real estate agent for almost 10 yrs. I know the city & outlying areas like the back of my hand & have children of my own that are all school age. I'm very familiar with the school districts & neighborhoods so I can definitely be an asset to you to help find what you are looking for.

As for financing, it's really best to get you to a good lender that can assess your whole picture of income, down payment, credit score & how long you plan to stay in your next home so you can decide what the best option would be for you! Theresa Dein w/Gateway Home Loans is excellent & I have worked with her for years 402.681.8829 and also Mike James w/Charter West 402.660.8483.

If you have an experienced lender & agent you like & trust you can't go wrong to help you find the best home & financing for your needs!

Please call, text or email with any questions! I'd love the chance to assist you with your move to Omaha!
Kelly Gitt
Broker/Owner
Gitt Real Estate
402.206.5156
kelly@gittrealestate.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 8, 2012
Well you will be thrilled at what you can get in Omaha compared to New York for that price range-I would love to meet you and your family, and take you on a tour of Omaha. I have lived here my whole life and have been a Realtor for 20 years. I am very familiar with all neighborhoods and school districts. As far as loans it depends on how much you have to put down and what term you are looking for(15 year-30 year) Taxes vary depending on location, new neighborhoods are more, older established neighborhoods are usually about 2.1% of assessed value. please e-mail me and we can talk further. sherylspain@cox.net
Hello!

Have you had a chance to take a look at the different school districts in Omaha. There are several, all with different pros and cons. I can email you a list and resources that would allow you to gain a better understanding.

There are a few significant differences between convention and FHA. With a good credit score as long as your monthly expenses are low a conventional loan is probably best.

Taxes vary depending on the type of community you are looking to be in (new construction, area etc) and the county. I would be more than happy to email you a few sample properties to show you the variations.

Let me know if that is something you would be interested in.

That is a very healthy budget for what you are looking for and you should have several options.

What brings you to Omaha?
i will appreciate any help I can get so please email me what you have. As far as Omaha,NE I stayed there 8 years ago and loved it, but one of my main reason is safety of my family and I will be attending Nurse Anesthesia school at Clarkson College.
Flag Thu Dec 6, 2012