Home Buying in San Antonio>Question Details

Elismac, Both Buyer and Seller in Avon, CO

I want to buy a house in SA as my daughter wants to go to UTSA. How long must I live there before we are considered TX residents?

Asked by Elismac, Avon, CO Sun Apr 7, 2013

Answers

10
Lowell Sterling’s answer
She will need to have been a TX resident for at least 12 months or graduated from a TX High School
Give me a call and i will give you a minimum of 3 different mortgage including all cost and fees and yes when i pull all my buyers credit i do a thorough analysis to determine if by making some minor changes to their credit account would it improve their rates. Not only can I help you get a great mortgage loan, I also have the technology to ensure you can qualify with the healthiest credit file possible.
Going shopping for a mortgage. It may seem backwards to shop for a mortgage before you shop for the house, but there are several reasons for doing this. Shopping for a mortgage will also help if you can get “pre-approved” for the amount you’d like to borrow. This means the lender has looked over your credit and financial statement and agreed to lend you the money. Sellers like pre-approved buyers because there’s less risk the deal won’t go through. First, you’ll find out how much you can borrow, which has a lot to do with how much house you can buy. Get my top 25 Questions for FREE that you should be asking your lender before you choose them to secure a mortgage.

Whether you’re, buying, or building your dream home, you have a lot riding on your decision. Market conditions and mortgage programs change frequently, and I welcome the opportunity to serve your needs with quick and accurate real estate financing advice. I have the expertise and knowledge to help you determine the absolute best loan program to meet your objectives.

Ensuring that you make the right choice for you and your family is my ultimate goal. And I am committed to providing my customers with mortgage services that exceed their expectations.. As always, you may contact me anytime by phone, fax or email for personalized service and expert advice.

I look forward to working with you!

Lowell Sterling
Mortgage Banker
NMLS# 968898
LSterling@englending.com
16800 N. Dallas Pkwy, Suite 290 | Dallas, TX 75248
Office: 972-646-2411 | Cell: 214-418-7022 | Fax: 214-614-4637
Bank of England /dba ENG Lending: NMLS# 418481
On most accounts, that would be 6 months or more depending on any programs you are intending to apply for. In some cases, it also depends on your country of origin as well. I would need more details in order to be more helpful.

Gregory Touchstone
210-660-2834
gregory.touchstone@gmail.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Apr 7, 2013
To be eligible for in state tuition, you must have lived in the state for at least 12 months.
If you are buying it as an investor, where you live does not make a difference as you don’t need to be a resident of the state to get a loan.

Is the real question though how long do you have to live here to get in-state tuition?
I 10 area by Boerne near the Rim mall and La Canterra is a good area if you want to be neat UTSA
I think 1 yr but driverse liscense place can tell u
It depends on whose definition of "texas resident" you're trying to comply with.

For "in state tuition" the requirement is 12 months.

If you're trying to determine "texas resident" for loan programs or anything else, please contact me.

If you need help with your home loan, please contact me. I have 14 years experience in helping families finance their next home. I am familiar with all loan programs and property scenarios, FHA, VA, USDA ($0 Down), Conventional, Homepath, Short Sales, Bank Owned Foreclosures, etc. I’ll make sure you have all of the information you need to make an informed decision. Customer service and on time closing is top priority. Hope to hear from you soon.

Vino Alonzo, Loan Officer
NMLS# 184279
Castle & Cooke Mortgage
210-685-7642
valonzo@castlecooke.com
It would be my pleasure to assist you find the perfect home here in San Antonio. Feel free to visit my website http://sahomestx.com/college_life for more information.

Johnny E Williams
210-858-7899
jw@sahomestx.com
http://www.SAHomesTX.com
Mission Real Estate Group
Text Johnny1 to 87778 for my mobile real estate app
Take a look at this info:

http://www.collegeforalltexans.com/index.cfm?ObjectID=6D1466…

I know the perfect place for students to buy. Would be happy to show you some ideas.

Let me know.

Dave

David L. George
Keller Williams - City Vew
210-422-1767
As soon as you have a Texas residence.

If you need help fing a home and help finding a Finance company let me know. Being retired military I know how tough it can be moving to a new town, state counrty.

Marty Shields
Real Living/Best Homes
Consultant
210-725-9607 cell