Home Buying in Katy>Question Details

Yajaira, Home Buyer in Houston, TX

I want to buy a house in Katy as an investment. Which has better ROI a new house in Cinco Ranch or an older house in other area below I10?

Asked by Yajaira, Houston, TX Sat Jul 21, 2012

I would like to buy a House in Katy but my budget is 125K. I won´t live in that house, it is just for investment and rent it. Which kind of house will have more return for my money, a new house (2005 ) or an older (1980 )?. Which is easier to rent?. What about taxes and condo fee?

0 votes Share Flag Home Buying in Katy

Answers

1
Vickey Wachtel,BROKER,CRS,CIPS’s answer
Yajaira

The age of the house isn't as important as the location and condition. Rentals in the Katy area are moving very quickly in fact there is a shortage of rental properties. Each neighborhood will have different taxes because of the MUD as will the HOA dues vary with neighborhoods.

You should work with a Realtor who is experienced in investment properties not every realtor works with investors.

If you need assistence give me a call.