Home Buying in 33066>Question Details

Joel, Home Buyer in 33066

I want to buy a house but the association turned me down stating there was something of 'concern' in my background. Do I have any recourse?

Asked by Joel, 33066 Sat Apr 27, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:


my advise is to get an attorney
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Apr 28, 2013
I plan to take that advise....perhaps the attorney who has the radio show regarding HOA's....
Flag Sun Apr 28, 2013
First, I would find out what is the something of "concern" that they are referring to and then check to see if they can legally deny you based on their "concern". They have abide by the rules of Fair Housing and other state laws. If you have something in your credit history they can deny you because the association might be worried about you not paying your HOA fees. Find out what their concern is and speak to them about it. Good Luck.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 27, 2013
No really they have the power to accept or to decline your application the only thing need to check if you maybe can ask them for your credit report and background check they did for you and check what is that showing
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 27, 2013
It's worth asking them what they are concerned about; maybe it's just a misunderstanding that can be cleared up.

If not, you'd have to get an attorney involved. Probably not worth it.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 27, 2013
I did write them a letter addressing their concern, but they did not respond.
Flag Sat Apr 27, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2014 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer