Home Buying in Miami>Question Details

Natalie, Real Estate Pro in Chicago, IL

I want to buy a house but cannot get hold of the listing agent

Asked by Natalie, Chicago, IL Tue Mar 25, 2014

I want to buy a property at 134 NW 125th St.
I'm planning to offer 30% over list price.
I've been calling constantly to try to get hold of the listing agent, Brian Davis at Court Side Realty Firm but he is always out of the office.
Does anyone feel confident they can help me to win the property? Like a really pro-active, fast-acting buyers agent.

Answers

17
Why would you be trying to reach the listing agent? The listing agent works for the seller. Find a licensed real estate professional to work for you!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 9, 2014
Hello Natalie,

This is a short sale.
In short sale, buyers often don't want to wait long - and short sales take a long time.
Often, offering more than asking does not help in a short sale transaction, so you have to
know the market price and offer about 95% of whatever it is.

What I'm saying you still have a chance of getting this property, if the listing and selling agent understand what the lenders are looking for in a short sale.

Also - there are 374 homes (including multifamily like this one) in the surrounding area.
You are right, the area is very hot right now - and you/your agent would need to act super fast.

Hope this helps,

Irina Karan
Beachfront Realty, Inc.
IrinaKaran@gmail.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Apr 3, 2014
Hi Natalie,

If you've tried to contact the listing agent and had no success that should give you a hint as to the kind of service you'd get if they were working with you. Contact another agent that works that area, they'll be happy to make the offer for you.

But there is no agent that should tell you with 100% certainty that you will get the property unless they are the sellers themselves.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 28, 2014
As others mentioned having a Realtor on your side typically makes things run a lot smoother than just calling the listing agent. And on some lower priced listings, especially low end foreclosures, the listing agent may not be in any hurry to call you back since other Realtor's are busy selling the property for him or her, thus you may miss out on a great deal, when your Realtor could have sent in an offer for you.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 27, 2014
Natalie, Natalie, I think we need to talk, emails and posting questions on this forum not always the fastest alternative. Please email me to the "Disney" address so that we can discuss some ideas I have for you. I just sold a fabulous property in Overtown, didn't think you were going to buy any more properties.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Mar 26, 2014
I'll email you Yanny
Flag Wed Mar 26, 2014
This is really a great break for you....you really shouldn't contact the listing agent anyway. Buyers should always be advised to seek property with an agent that has the purpose of representing them....not the seller.

Be thankful the listing agent didn't return your attempts.....now find a local agent that can show you the property....you'll be better for it!

1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Mar 26, 2014
Strongly disagree. I've been buying real estate for 6 years. I always used a buyers agent. The last several transactions where I dealt directly with the selling agent were significantly better.
Flag Wed Mar 26, 2014
Hello Natalie, I'm happy to help you with any listing, please feel free to contact me through my profile,
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Mar 26, 2014
Hire a buyers agent! I don't recommend using the listing agent. The listing agent has the sellers best interest in mind. You need someone to represent you!

Good Luck
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 25, 2014
I will be happy to assist you. Please Feel free to call me at 954 520-4589
http://www.martykratish.com https://www.facebook.com/martykratishturnberryInternational or find me on FB
https://www.facebook.com/martykratishturnberryInternational

Marty Kratish
Click on the Find an Agent link above, type in your city of interest and contact one of the Trulia Pros in that area.
You will likely have more success with a buyer agent. Best of luck!
Sadly the listing has just changed to 'backup contract' status, so it seems I've missed out.
Thank you to everyone who offered to help.
Work loyally with a Realtor and he/she will get you out to view a property the first day it comes on the market so you will not miss out. Also if you are finding properties on Real Estate websites there may be a data delay so your Realtor will have immediate notification of new listings. Also remember on a Short Sale the listing price is pure fiction until/if the lender approves the price. Lastly, arm yourself with a preapproval from a lender that can close in 2 weeks - http://www.AimLoan.com
Flag Wed Mar 26, 2014
Natalie:

Contact one of the agents below and be ready to make your offer in writing, with proof of funds and your check-book in hand. It is very possible that the property is not even for sale- based on the few answers I've read. Even so, a good agent may be able to track down the right people and help you WIN!
Natalie,

I'm not even finding the listing. It definitely isn't in the MLS.

Can you send me a link to whereever you found the property? I'd be happy to try and track it down for you.

Ann
Its MLS# F1242256 and sadly I see it's just changed to 'backup contract' status, so I believe I've missed out.
Thank you for your reply.
Flag Wed Mar 26, 2014
When you want to buy a home the best place to start is to hire an EXCLUSIVE Buyer Agent, not just a Buyer's Agent. EBAs only work with homebuyers and there is never a conflict of interest that will jeopardize your negotiating position. I can refer you to an EBA in your area, if you like, or visit http://www.naeba.org for a list of EBAs in your area.

I've written a best selling book called Buying a Home: Don't Let Them Make a Monkey Out of You. It'll teach you how to buy a home and get a mortgage without getting ripped off. Follow the link below.

Best of luck!

Alysse Musgrave
214-734-3863
Alysse@HelpUBuyAmerica.com
http://www.HelpUBuyAmerica.com
As Dan has already said, you should find your own local real estate agent to help you with this. Their job will be to work for you and answer the phone when you call.
Natalie,
Find your own agent. You don't need to deal with the listing agent. Your own agent will show you that house and others that you may also want to consider and then help you make the right offer.
Best of luck.