Home Buying in Fort Wayne>Question Details

Karolyn Lord, Home Buyer in Fort Wayne, IN

I want to buy a house but I don't want a neighborhood that is nosy and controls as if they own your house and can kick you out. Where are those at?

Asked by Karolyn Lord, Fort Wayne, IN Fri Jan 4, 2013

Answers

11
We have a home at 5204 Hamilton Rd, Yoder, IN 46798 that is in the country. Its so peaceful out here. The property is 3 acres, 3600 sq ft home and 2 huge steel/brick buildings for sale by owner. We are having an open house today, Sunday, June 23 from 1pm to 4pm. Come on out and see what this property has to offer. We'd love to see you.
Condo Associations can be the most intrusive.Only your lender can kick you out (if you don't pay them). Home owner associations vary in how strict they are. A few normal restrictions can protect you. Too many can be a pain.Rural property may suit you better. http://www.ftwaynehomes.com is where you will find the most experienced agent.
If you want to live in town, you may want to look for metes & bounds in the listing. This is what we did.Our 2000 squares 4 bedroom 3 bath split level with attached 2 1/2 garage and basement sits on 1/2 acre just off Trier ... close to everything. No HOA (aka "neighborhood nazis") We are closing the sale of this property next week. There are plenty of those around. Just need to know what you're looking for.
Karolyn,
Nosey neighbors are one thing, neighborhood Covenants & Restrictions are another.
As for the neighbors, they tend to come and go. Some may attempt to exert 'control' on others, but that is best handled one on one, setting the playing field right from the start.
Other than laws, county/city rules and ordinances, the only 'control' that can be applied to those in the neighborhood originate from the association (HOA) Covenants & Restrictions. The following link is an Allen County, IN resource to view a specific C&R: http://inlaredo.fidlar.com/inallen/WebSenseCustom/Default.aspx
Due your due diligence and read the document before buying. Once a homeowner in a neighborhood, you are obligated to abide the C&R.
Take a look at 1330 E. 600 N. in Columbia City. Private setting, yet friendly neighbors just across the fence line.
Karolyn,
I left you a message this evening and I have a few homes you may be interested in. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Krista Gorrell
Century 21 Bradley
260-750-8038
No home owner's association can kick you out of your home. Period. My wife Amanda and I would be happy to help you. 260.704.0842 or JaredChristiansen@gmail.com

We will work harder than Justin. Plus there are two of us. Just sayin. :)
Karolyn,

Your best options are going to be either older neighborhoods, or something outside of newer additions. A country property is a good option, as well. Let me know if you'd like some more specific information. I have all of the resources to make your home purchase as smooth as possible.

Darren Schortgen
Schortgen Realty
Broker/Realtor
260-385-7603
SchortgenRealty.com
Darren@DarrenSchortgen.com
There are plenty of homes out there with little or no restrictions from an HOA. Please give me a call and I will help you. No one will work harder for you than me!
Justin Herber
4134942
jherber@cbrwg.com
I can help you find a home that has no homeowner restrictions. Contact me at 260-241-5039 or bcraver@cbrwg.com, I'm glad to help.
Don't buy in an HOA!
very simple.
Having never been a fan of HOA's, that is very easy for me to say.
If you think the advantages outweight the restrictions; go for it!