ashleypennin…, Home Buyer in Burleson, TX

I want to buy a home in burleson but don't know where to start? My credit score is 725 and I'm self employed. Should I see a lender or realtor first?

Asked by ashleypennington20, Burleson, TX Mon Dec 10, 2012

Bill Posey’s answer
Either/Or would be appropriate. Would really help the process to visit the websites and provide the information on the registration portion of either or both websites in order to streamline and expedite your home search.

Agent: Bill Posey, Story Real Estate, (903) 388-2798, billposey7@gmail.com,
Lender: West Star Mortage Corporation
835 SW Alsbury
Suite J
Burleson, TX 76028

Betsy Feroli
Sr. Loan Officer/Branch Manager

Hope this helps you out.

We share the same name! Buying a home is such an exciting time in your life. I have a lender that is excellent with getting you prequalified. It will only take a few minutes of your time to begin the process and I can have a prequalification letter in my hands and we can start looking for homes sometimes that very day! Make sure and find an agent that has time to meet all of your needs. I am that agent for you, I will be available to you 24/7 until we find that perfect home. Please call me at 6824446690 or email ashleykrealty@gmail.com

Look forward to hearing from you soon!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 28, 2013
I like to speak with my clients first. There are many lenders on my team and from listening to your needs I can offer my best suggestions for which lender might be best for you.

Sandy Chenault
817 966-8351
or http://www.sandychenault.com
As someone who has no interest in generating business or networking myself,
just an an informed citizen, it is always wise to find a lender you can trust, first.
You will either qualify or you won't, it doesn't make much sense to look at homes first.
Your best course is to get pre qualified, find out what you can and cannot afford and then begin looking/searching for homes. If you are already pre qualified, you can put an offer in as soon as you like something, instead of in reverse. (which can be a problem in competitive markets)
Wow Joe! A lender actually told you to use whiteout!

My advice: if you are going to commit fraud and put yourself in a very dangerous legal position, at least do it right! Use Photoshop!

Just kidding, of course!

I thought these kinds of lending practices were behind us. And the probably are for the most part. But there always are a few out there willing to take shortcuts . . . as long as you or your clients are the ones left hung out to dry. I would stay away from this turkey.

I penned an article for you....

This is why you get lending advice from a lender.... NOT A REALTOR!!!!

Linda Brown's comment below was very misleading without explaining to you that 'her lender' did indeed charge her clients closing costs....
Hi Ashley: It is kind of a chicken or egg question. You should be talking to both early in the process. Each of these professionals will help you get started. And you will need advice from both professionals to make the best decisions for you. I would suggest starting out the process by interviewing at least three mortgage brokers and three real estate agents. Then pick one of each to work with and start putting together a plan.

Ron Rovtar
My opinion would be to choose a Real Estate Agent first, always make sure to check their background and Google your Agent choices. I always use certain lenders that I trust, each Realtor has their group of lenders that they work with. Finding a good lender on your own may be though. You would want to make sure that the lender you choose is honest and can close you on time with a great interest rate. If you choose to go with a lender first on your own, check their history. Keller Williams Johnson County is the #1 Selling and Buying office in Johnson County. I'm proud to be one of the top selling agents in our office, I'm also an Ambassador for the Burleson Chamber. I hope this information helps you out.

I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Nikki Skalsky
Make sure the lender you choose gives you options....
It is nice to get a credit for fees, but what does that cost you? http://www.ntreisinnovia.net/cgi-ntr/BR_login?0501134
Hi Ashley - I would suggest that you speak with a lender first. I have a great one that has been closing in 25-30 days, sometimes even less if all the paperwork is in quickly. He has also outbid other lenders in regards to qualifying amounts and interest rates. I would love to help you. I've closed 24 deals in the last 8 months, so I don't waste any time. call me. 817-235-5901. Shirley Coleman, Keller Williams Realty
Although you really need to be preapproved by a lender first, I would NEVER send you out into the world to look for financing without my help. The lender I work with lends their OWN money and contributes SUBSTANTIALLY towards closing costs so you don't have so much $$ out of your pocket. As an example, the sale we are closing in the next three weeks, my lender is contributing $5,000 so my buyer will likely have to pay almost nothing to close. More to spend on fun things,

And regarding being "self-employed". I don't know why the comment about "different". Realtors are self-employed. So much of the workforce in Texas is self employed. Lenders know that and don't find it an unusual task.

I have lived on a small ranch in Burleson for over ten years and know the area, the homes, and being self-employed,

Happy to show you around if you haven't already decided on someone. Or just go through my website and see what things cost and ALL available properties in this area. Then let me help.

Linda Brown
Absolutely a Lender as self employed ownership is a little different than salaried workers
Hi Ashley!
It sounds like you are of to a good start with your questions! I would love to help you on your journey to your new home. I work with a great company-Keller Williams- and have a truly great team waiting to help you!
You can reach me at 817 988-8351 and we'll get you started!

Sandy Chenault- Realtor
817 966-8351
Ashley I would love to help you with your home buying experience. I am available anytime via cell at 817-944-8094, or you can email me at deanna.morgan@benchmark.us. I live in Burleson and work at a local mortgage bank where we can offer you a wide variety of mortgage options. I hope to hear from you soon!

DeAnna Morgan
Sr. Loan Officer
Benchmark Mortgage
Hi Ashley,

I work in the Keller Williams office in Burleson and would be glad to assist you in your home purchase. I always recommend starting your home search by talking with a lender. They can let you know how much home you can afford, how much down payment to expect and even give an estimate of your monthly payments so that you can make sure you stay in your budget.

Once all of that is taken care of, usually pretty quickly, I can then set up a home search based on what your are looking for and go from there to help you find your perfect home.

Feel free to call, email or text me and I will be glad to assist you!

Melissa Reaves
308 E Renfro Ste 104
Burleson, TX 76028
Cell: (817)729-8670
I would be happy to help you Ashley. We'll walk you through step by step on the entire transaction.

I always think getting preapproved with a lender is the very first step, before you even look at homes. We can always get you connected with a great lender if you need one.

Once you know how much you qualify for, then you can go shopping.

Feel free to call me with questions any time.

To search homes in Burleson...check out this website:
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
Get pre-approved first.
Lenders know the good and bad realtors.... So we can help you find a good one.

The good realtors don't want to show you homes until you are pre-approved anyway.

I advise people to ask friends/family/coworkers/ect for a referral to a lender they used.... and were happy with..... Look for a lender that communicates well with you and answers your calls.
Are they available on the weekends when you are home shopping? This is important.... You may have questions n the fly and need a timely answer.
You want your lender to have a relationship with YOU.... Not the realtor!!!

Good luck!! Please feel free to ask follow up questions.

Tom Burris
Mortgage Banker
(214) 763-4629 cell/text/nights/weekends(Really!!)
Lending all across the entire Great State of Texas!!
NMLS# 335055
Search Dallas area MLS for FREE. No registration => http://www.ntreisinnovia.net/cgi-ntr/BR_login?0501134
Lender and realtor usually have relationships which help with a smooth transaction. I would suggest talking with a realtor then she/ he can suggested the lender that they normally work with.

I would love the opportunity to help you.

Jolene Clarke 8172664959
A moment ago - [x] delete