Espresso Dude, Home Buyer in 48230

I want to buy a home in Grosse Pointe but the property taxes are over $10,000. The house is under $150,000! After I purchase it will taxes come

Asked by Espresso Dude, 48230 Sun Jan 8, 2012

down?

Answers

8
The city supervisor in Grosse Pointe Park is Dale K.. He woul dbe happy to answer any question, pertaining to assessment.. You can schedule the appointment in January.. I have fought our taxes over the past 5 years , and I have reduce my taxes from 16,000 to 9,000...We would be happy to assist you, with any questions, at Realty Executives @ 313-824-5555, or email: chad@gphouses.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 8, 2013

If the property is homestead the taxes can be reduce, if its not homestead then get it homestead, however you will have to take picture of the house present condition and then go to the city to petition it.

Good Luck,
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 2, 2012
You can also go to the county offices and inquire about the taxx on the property. If you need further assistance call a Realtor, any one of us would be happy to assist.

0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 1, 2012
Dude,

Taxes are paid in advace, so the current taxes are the current taxes.

Ask your agent the following:
1. Are the taxes are homestead or not.
2. Are there any special assesments attached to the taxes.
3. What the current SEV.

Good Luck and call with questions
586 899 9899
Hello Espresso Dude,

Please contact me privately with the address and I will tell you what to expect tax-wise.

Tom Lipinski
Web Reference: http://lakestclairlife.com
What is the address? I work at Real Estate in the Pointes next to Biggby's Coffee in the Farms.Call me & we can discuss further. Mary Aubrey-Rogers 313 319-5679

To answer your question properly, I would need a bit more information, but I will give you the different scenarios. First of all is the home currently owned by a Private Owner, or is it a foreclosure? If it is Privat e Owned and Homesteaded, chances are the taxes will not come down substantially. The reason I say substantially is because property taxes have been dropping in MIchigan the past few years because of what has happened with Real Estate prices, so taxes will decrease, but not by a large amount.

If the property is a foreclosure, chances are the home is NON Homesteaded, therefore taxes will eventually come down.

Back to the Private Owned scenario, if it is Private Owned and you feel taxes are too high, I would suggest to have a Real Estate agent do the comps in your area, neighborhood, or subdivision, and see what the other homes are selling for, and what the taxes are on those homes. After comparing all of the information, take it with you when Grosse Pointe has there City Hall Tax meetings (call Grosse Pointe City Hall and find out when that is). Request that your taxes be reevaluated and wait for the response a few weeks later.

I can tell you from experience, every town is different, and you will have mixed results, I got rejected last year on most of my properties. If your request is rejected, you do have recourse, you can contact the Michigan Tax Tribunal;

http://www.michigan.gov/taxtrib

Let me know if you need any more information and I will be glad to help.

HAIG
Elias Realty
(248) 379-6547
realtorhaig
Hi Espresso!!

You didn't click on the link of the home you're interested in so I'm not sure how the taxes are currently assessed. If they are non-homestead and your buying the home to live in it they will be converted to homestead taxes and come down. If they are currently at the homestead rate and you bought the home you can fight to get the taxes reduced at the tax tribunal. If you need the assistance of a buyers agent I would be happy to assist.

Good Luck,

Karen Paytas, GRI, CMS
Real Living Kee Realty
586-709-8465
kpaytas@mirealsource.com