Home Buying in Belmont>Question Details

Cheryl Harney, Home Buyer in Dayton, OH

I want to buy a home for my mother. I have a down payment and can pay the mortgage. My credit is not good. I need alternative financing. Suggestions?

Asked by Cheryl Harney, Dayton, OH Mon Feb 20, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:


Cheryl, I have two houses in belmont that might fit your mothers need. and the owner may be willing to carry the mortgage for 12 to 15 months. I have been a Realtor for 25yrs. and have sold close to 100 homes in the Belmont area. My office use to be on smithville rd. just south of watervliet. Go to www. randybyrd.com and look at chelsea and white oak and see if that would fit your mothers needs. also have one in kettering on roslyn. I can be reach at 937-416-4510 or 937-432-3733.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 22, 2012
You should look into a reverse mortgage for your mother. Just needs a down payment and closing costs. No monthly payments for a mortgage. Since your credit isn't good, you should use the money that you have set aside for the mortgage payments to bring down the balances on your bills.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 21, 2012
Hi Cheryl,
Depending on your credit score, you may still be able to get a loan. Alternatively, there is the rent to own option or land contract - both of which require a substantial down payment. If you would like to talk about how we can refer you to someone who can help you with credit issues, as well as credit plans for housing that could be helpful to you, please feel free to call or text me at 9376239441 or email me at ginakay dot Landis at gmail (dot com). Look forward to chatting with you:).
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Feb 20, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer