Home Buying in Dunedin>Question Details

Sheila Tolbe…, Home Buyer in Minnesota

I want to buy a condo with a waterview in Dunedin but I have 2 small dogs. Can you please list the pet friendly properties in Dunedin Florida?

Asked by Sheila Tolbert, Minnesota Sat Jan 29, 2011

Answers

8
Sheila,
Upon more research there are 13 waterfront condominiums communities that accept pets. From Edgewater Arms on the South to Mediterranean Manors on the North and a large number on the Dunedin Causeway. In many cases not all buildings within the community allow pets while the others remain pet free. The same often applies to age restrictions. Providing a list without extensive footnotes can be quite a chore and may prove to be unsatisfactory altogether.

As Lois pointed out, when searching the 'For Sale' data, often this element is not entered by the staff of the listing agent. No one wants to set you up for disappointment. Any local real estate agent can set you up with a active search of the area. However, as pointed out, this data will need to be validated by your real estate agent.
Web Reference: http://www.MyDunedin.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jan 29, 2011
We have a dog who weighs 52 lbs and an indoor cat - we are having a heck of a time finding a 2/2 condo as a result - we do like the Dunedin/Clearwater, etc. area. FYI, On Top of the World, a huge 55+ community in Clearwater, does allow large dogs, but only one building out of over 90 has balconies and those units are larger than we need, and we definitely want a balcony or a ground floor unit, so our prospects at OTOW are limited. Will try to check out the condos complexes offered here and would appreciate any help on those communities that allow what is officially a "medium" (35-60)dog, but is often considered a large dog. We have trouble understanding... what's the difference between small dogs and large? In fact, small dogs are often much noisier than large dogs. They would be better off limiting breeds on larger dogs if that is their real concern. Even though we've asked, no one ever seems to be able to answer that question.
Not sure why we are identified as Home Buyer in Clearwater - we are in Indianapolis, IN area.
Flag Mon Jun 29, 2015
BTW - not sure why this indicated we are in Clearwater. We are looking for a place in the Clearwater vicinity, but are located near Indianapolis, IN.
Flag Mon Jun 29, 2015
Sheila,
Work with an agent in this area. Some areas post that they will accept pets. Some post they do not but a good agent can inquire on any property you may be intested in and ask if they would consider pets with an addtional pet deposit.

Gary Geer

http://www.GaryGeer.com
Good Afternoon Sheila,

I like to go through and check on older question asked that I was not one to respond and make sure you got your answer to the question and also if you are still searching. I am in Dunedin often and it seems to be a popular spot lately. If you did not get an answer to your question regarding a list I would be glad to assist or if you are in search mode I would be glad to assist with that as well. Feel free to contact me.

Have a great day and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Doug Bevis
Advanta Realty
Top Producer
2011 Million Dollar Club
Cell Number: 813-310-4454
Fax Number:800-291-6123
dbevis@advantarealty.com
dbevis.advantarealty.com
Edgewater Arms? There are several nice ones along Alt 19 just north of downtown Dunedin. There's also a couple just south of Dunedin --approaching Sunset Point.
Dear Sheila,

I am Jo Hickey and certainly can help you. I, too have a dog and would love 2 of them or more. i am constanly checking for condos, etc. that allow pets. I will need your e mail and phone number to contact you further.

Jo Hickey, REALTOR
RE/MAX Realtec Grp.,INc.
727 744 5007 cell.
Sheila,

Victoria Palms, Dunedin Grand and Villas of Seagate. These are the ones that the realtor actually filled out the MLS and answered the question on if "pets are allowed". Most realtor do not bother, My suggestion would be to find a Realtor that will help you and once you pick out the complex, they can call the Condo Assoc and check on the pet restrictions, if any.
Hope this helps.
let us know if we can help you further.

Bill and Lois Szydlowski
The Szydlowski Team
Future Home Realty, Inc.
813-323-4443
Web Reference: http://www.tampamyhome.com
Shelia,
That is a great question and it comes up often. Dunedin is a VERY dog friendly city, but that can not be said for many of the condo associations.

In oder to avoid providing incorrect information I need to ask two questions:
Are any of your pets service dogs?
Are you qualified to live in a 55+ community?

There are condo ranging from $66,000 to above $400,000 on the Dunedin waterfront. Please let me know where your price point might be.
Annette Lawrence
ReMax Realtec Group
727. 420. 4041
Visit the Dunedin community website at MyDunedin.com
There's a video of the new waterfront Weaver Park.
Web Reference: http://www.mydunedin.com