Home Buying in Collierville>Question Details

Humbleabode, Home Buyer in Collierville, TN

I want to buy a brand new home. Any recommended builders? Does any know anything about Regency Home Builders? Concerned about quality.

Asked by Humbleabode, Collierville, TN Fri Apr 22, 2011

Answers

16
I do not have any information about Regency Home Builders but I can offer some advice about the new home construction process. Your first step is to obtain a realtor to help and guide you in negotiations. This is a very important part of new construction the realtor should be a FULL TIME AGENT. Interview at least 3 agents and ask specific questions about how many new home construction projects they have been involved with, different types of contracts such as cost plus, build for fee, set price. Ask if they know what is a construction perm loan? The agent’s expertise in new construction should easily save you thousands of dollars during the process. Tell the agent you expect to visit the job site 12-15 times during the process of the build job and you expect them at all inspections, if they wavier don’t use that agent. You need representation at your visits because questions may be asked of you and change orders will be created without representation you could lose thousands of dollars. Hope this helps!! Also build an Energy Star Home it will easily pay back the additional cost of insulation, better hvac equipment & windows in less than 3 years. Cost to add Energy Star is less than 3% of the total cost of construction.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 23, 2011
Humbleabode,

There are many good builders in the area. I think to recommend a particular builder requires a bit more information from you. Do you plan to build a custom home? That is a home you are a part of the entire process from the initial design to deciding on individual items like light fixtures, plumbing fixtures, everything from the front door knob to the bathroom tile. This is one type of builder. Or would you prefer to browse newly completed, or almost complete homes and deciding which one you like? What is your budget for your new home? Is there a particular area or neighborhood you prefer? I am very familar with the home building and buying process, give me a call if you would like some assistance.

Gerald Williams
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 23, 2011
I don't know anything about Regency Home Builders but I would recommend High Performance Homes. They are building 250 Zero Energy Homes in The Links at Gettysburg in Pennsylvania and also offer custom built Zero Energy Homes anywhere in the US.
I have purchased a home from Regency, and will never do so again. It was like pulling teeth, and had to threaten to pull out of the deal to get them to make required fixes prior to move in and that should have been a big indicator. At the one year punch list in October 2013, I am still waiting on the vast majority of items to be fixed. They have no want or willingness to support their product. If you have other options I would look else where.
I do not recommend McWaters Construction.
My wife and I selected Regency to build our home. We decided to build in Oakland where you get more for your money. Our home was 275,000.00 in Oakland and would have been $40.000.00 more in Collieville or Bartlett. Less taxes 1.46/ 100 compared to almost 5.00 / 100 in memphis shelby co.
The quality is good and standard selection is great! However the mistake we made was everyones house around us cost much less which made it hard for our house to appraise for it's value. We over built and increased everyones value. Love Regency, Love Oakland
There are not too many Home Builders left from the recession of 2008. All the ones remaining are good and it appears all Home builders are doing just fine because of the lack of supply of new homes and demand for new homes. You might consider a good Custom builder who can build your dream home. Do a lot of face time with the builder to see if you two connect!!! Good luck. Your buyer's agent should help with your search.
Look into Steve Orians at (901) 757-1565. He is an individual builder that has built in the Collierville area for decades. I purchased a home from him 8 years ago. He held true to his word during the warrantry years and beyond! Many neighbors over the years have complained about their builders nickle and diming them and not honoring warranties--not us. Before I purchased the home I went through past property sold by Steve, I called over 10 of them. I was shocked at the good things people said about him and the quality of his homes. I was also shocked to see how many of them were buying or have bought a second time with him (either expanding the home for the family or down sizing for retirement). Look into him. You will never regret it! Nancy OConnor
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 23, 2011
I have heard many positive reviews of Regency Home Builders and am currently looking for a few clients in that specific area. If you have any questions feel free to give me a call or shoot me an email or text. I know a few people that have been living in a newly built regency home since 2009 and are greatly satisfied. Hope this helps!

Hamza Ibrahim
(901)338-3051
Hamzaibrahim1@yahoo.com
Thanks to those responding to my question. Any other suggestions for builders in the Collierville area?. Does anyone have any reviews about Regency Home Builders?
Hello:
I am Tina Smith, I would like to recommend a builder to you who has the reputation of impeccable quality. This custom builder will accommodate your quality of life. His reputation is building 10,000 -12,000 sq ft homes for around 1 to 3 million. We will custom build in your price range and you will be 200% satisfied. Please reach me at Tina@tinasellsmemphis.com should you desire to view the difference.
Southern Serenity does build under $300,000, but not in Collierville. They are building in Oakland under $300.,000.
Oakland??? Hahahahaha.
Flag Tue Jul 2, 2013
Humbleabode--I just checked and you are correct-Regency is building in the Rolling Meadows subdivision across from Sycamore Elementary School. Sean Carlson is one of the partners--their website is http://www.newregencyhomes.com If you would like to email directly-maureen@johngreen.com

I am not aware of Southern Serenity building under 300K.

Regency does have some model homes in the Villages of White Oak in Arlington. Let me know if you would like more info and I can have you talk to my former client! I believe she was very happy with the process and her new home!
@Maureen Yes Regency is building in Collierville. I viewed one of their models a few weeks ago. I can't seem to find any info on them though. My price rand would be at a max $300K. I'm noticing that the prices are still dropping. A lot of the homes are still overpriced. I figure I should be able to find a deal at around $250K. I looked at a Southern Serenity home too. Overpriced in my opinion. Do they build homes less than $300?
I have worked with a client who did build with Regency Home Builders in the Arlington area. They do have a lot of upgrades included in their price--not a lot of "add-ons." Not sure if they are building in the Collierville area at this time.

If you are looking specifically in the Collierville area, John Worley Builders has been building for many, many years and has an awesome reputation for service and quality!

Let me know if I can help you!
I recommend Southern Serenity Home builders. I have worked with them and they are quality builders. They will work with you and the plan that you chose to build. They currently have two subdivisons in Collierville that they are building. They are currently partnering with St. Jude to build the St. Jude Dream Home, and have done so for the past three years in Collierville. You can buy a ticket for $100 and have a chance to win a dream home.