Home Buying in Hoke County>Question Details

Shay, Home Buyer in 28376

I want to build. How do I plan? Buy the land before it gets away, find a builder or a realtor? Whats the best plan to get the lowest deal?

Asked by Shay, 28376 Wed May 2, 2012

Answers

3
Hey Shay,

LeAnne Kittrell, with Century 21 Family.. Thanks for the question..Tim Moore has the answer..go to your lender first, ALWAYS. Shay, you lender will help you get the funding, the payments, etc..it will always depend on where, when and how- then you take it from there on what is going to work best for your wants, your investment and your family..once you decide, hire a REALTOR give them your plans and I wish you the best!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Nov 5, 2012
I know all communities are different. Here at Anderson Creek Club, we have different options. You can either choose your lot, then choose your floor plan and then we can interview builders to get what find one that fits you best, or, you can come in on of of our many presales that have already had a floor plan chosen for that lot imparticular and then you just customize it with interior and exterior colors and options. There are many ways to do that...I think it all depends on what you are looking for and where. I would love to show you our fabulous community..its gated and we have more amenities than you can imagine here. I only sell onsite but if you need help finging a fabulous local REALTOR that can help you in a different area, I would be glad to..just contact me. Tracie@Andersoncreekclub.com. See our wensite below.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 4, 2012
Thanks I was RE Reviewing my answers. How often do "communities" like Anderson Creek Club allow for One person to buy ONE lot but build a MultiFamily home on it? Is that realy feasible?
Flag Sat Nov 16, 2013
When buying land it is not easy to get the loan. You might not think so, but it isn't. You really should speak to a lender before you do anything, that is always step #1 - always! Ask about loans for land, ask about construction loans, which is probably the better way to go. Then find a Realtor to help you find something. Often builder have lots and you just need to get a construction loan or let the builder get it and you will get a loan for the finished house.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed May 2, 2012
Thanks for you comment. I am about to transition jobs (overlapping). Should I still attempt at getting land loan? Does it make sense to have a land loan and then follow up with a construction/perm loan? Then I will have 2 loans. Is it possible to roll them up later? Hmm maybe I should be asking a broker.... Thanks for any advice you have... Now I just wish I could find the PERFECT plan...
Flag Wed May 2, 2012