Home Buying in Goodyear>Question Details

Will, Home Buyer in Goodyear, AZ

I want a new home, my spouse isn't a legal resident yet, does he/she have to fill out the application form at the agent request.

Asked by Will, Goodyear, AZ Tue Jul 10, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:


No real estate agent should be asking you to fill out a loan application. Something is wrong there.
Roswell got it right in his answer. He is a lender (mortgage broker). Call him to get your loan. He does a great job for my Buyers.

Loren Hoboy
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 10, 2012
Hi Will,

If you are asking about a loan application, then your spouse will not be required to fill out an application if she is not going to be on the loan.

If you are buying the home using FHA or USDA financing, she will be required to give just enough information to pull a credit report to verify her monthly debt obligation, even if she is not a citizen.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any further questions, I'd be glad to help.

All the best,

Roswell Moore, CMPS
Certified Mortgage Planner
480-422-5095 direct

We are a Direct Lender, Mortgage Bank where we originate, process, underwrite, fund, AND SERVICE our loans, in-house, with FHA (starting at a 580 score AND still only 3.5% down), FHA Streamline loans (NO minimum credit score, NO appraisal required) Go Green rehab loans, HomePath, Investor Friendly (10 financed properties), VA, USDA, Jumbo, Conventional, plus, we allow Escrow HoldBacks!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 10, 2012
Hi Bill-
While I don't know what kind of application you are talking about and need a bit of clarification I may be able to shed some light on this for you!
If you are renting a place then most property managements will require all adults over 18yrs to fill out an application and do a background check.

if you're buying a home an agent may want to fill out a form so they have the info they need to best help you. Obviously anything on this is up to you as it isn't a legal form but to assist the agent in helping you find the right home.

If you are purchaning a home and both of you are getting the loan then, yes, the lender will require all your info from both of you. But, let's say only you were purchasing the home then only you would be signing the contract and loan (if you're getting a loan) as well as the papers at closing.

I hope this helps a bit. If not please feel free to contact me at 623 256-9480 and I will be happy to get more info for you.

Also, please check out my websites for more information





All my best! Susan
Susan Lutz, GRI
Solutions Real estate
623 256-9480 cell
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 10, 2012
If you are financing your purchase, your question will be best directed to a lender. The lender will be able to guide you on the residency status of your husband. You will also want to speak with an escrow officer at the title company since Arizona is a community property state. There may be some requirements that they have of your spouse with his residency status. I would be happy to send you over some names and numbers of lenders and title companies that can answer these questions for you. Just let me know how I can help!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 10, 2012
Will, I don't really understand the question... what application form? What agent request? Who is buying this house, you or our spouse or both? Are you financing or buying with cash?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 10, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer