Love2teach, Home Buyer in 60653

I've taught for 15 years, first-time HBmay not have a 620 credit score. Is there a way to get approved?

Asked by Love2teach, 60653 Wed Jul 8, 2009

approved for a loan at this point?

Answers

3
Hi Love2teach,

You don't necessarily need a 620 score to get approved for a mortgage. There are still a few Lenders that approve loans based on what we call "common sense underwriting". The criteria includes your credit for the last 12 months to 2 years showing a generally clean history, 12 cancelled checks on you rent, 3 months of reserves in the bank at a minimum after all closing costs etc, alternative credit if you don't have three to four lines of credit on your credit report etc. If you can meet these critieria, you should call a Lender that specializes in FHA loans and you should be able to move forward with the process.
620 is not the be all end all of getting approved for a mortgage. Some lenders will still do FHA with less than a 620 score. What I will tell you is that the data behind your credit score is very important. All lenders look for consistency in employment, income, savings patterns, payment history, etc. Credit score is just part of the scorecard, but if you haven't demonstrated a willingness or ability to pay your bills on time and manage your finances properly you're going to have a tough time.

I would speak with a local reputable lender who is willing to sit down with you and review your qualifications and tell you what you need to do to put yourself in a position to get approved. It may turn out you're approvable right now, but if not then maybe they can help you set up a gameplan for the next 6-12 months.

Rome was not built in a day. Best of luck
Hi there,

I have a great lender that will help you get to a 620 credit score so that you can qualify and get the Free $8000 that expires on December 1st. Her name is Niki Igel, 630-854-7434. She is great and will help you repair your credit for FREE! If you follow her advice, you WILL qualify and then I can help you find your home before the deadline. Just tell her Carmen from ReMax referred you. If she doesn't answer her phone ( it is her cell) then leave a message and she will call you ASAP!

Carmen Keslin E-Pro
Remax 10 In the Park
708-533-0515 cell
trulia@CarmensHomes.com
Web Reference: http://www.CarmensHomes.com