Home Buying in Chicago>Question Details

jamie312, Home Buyer in Chicago, IL

I've started my loft hunt and saw this listing but don't know much about the neighborhood. Can anyone fill me in / share their opinion?

Asked by jamie312, Chicago, IL Mon May 7, 2012

http://www.trulia.com/property/3083203537-407-N-Elizabeth-St…

Answers

11
Hey Jamie,

I really love the River West/West Town neighborhood! I moved to the neighborhood from Lakeview about four years ago and as someone who was used to having hundreds of restaurants/retail and tons of transit within a couple blocks I was a little worried how I would adjust but to be very honest I'm a total fan of the neighborhood and plan to stay here for as long as I can.

I really like the feel of the neighborhood which has a ton of old, red brick buildings with ornate wood and stone for the facades with a great mix of modern homes mixed in. Tons of retail has moved its way in especially down Grand Ave and especially Chicago Ave which is becoming nice and busy similar to how North Avenue and Division are. There are still plenty of lots and old buildings that are ready for developers to build so I firmly believe in the long-term health and stability of the neighborhood. There's also plenty of transit mostly buses but if you live close enough to the xway you'll be within walking distance to the Blue Line. If you're a driver you're really close to everything in the West Loop and even a quick drive to UK Village, Wicker/Bucktown and even the River North areas.

Because I live in the neighborhood I'm pretty brushed up on what's available in terms of condos/houses/lofts, etc. so I would be happy to have you bounce ideas and questions off of me as I'm always available to help out. My contact info is below so let's definitely get in touch in order to get started.

Jeff Stewart
REALTOR®, @properties
3101 N. Greenview Avenue, Chicago, IL 60657
309-269-3499 CELL | 773-305-0480 FAX
jeffstewart@atproperties.com
Thank you all for your input / answers! :)
The unit looks sharp. As per the neighborhood spend some time and do a drive by at different times of the day to see if it is to your liking and to see if the amenities of the area are what you are looking for.
River West.

If your looking to buy, get a good buyers agent to guide you through the process. Its free to you! Interview a few agents and go with the one you mesh best with. I would be happy to help.

Matt Laricy
Americorp Real Estate
mlaricy@americorpre.com
708-250-2696
Web Reference: http://Americorpre.com
It's a nice area pretty safe . If you need assistance with finding a loft please feel free to contact me at 708-925-4076 or by email at Diana@findingourbalance.com .
My office is about 7 blocks from this building and I am in River West. That area is not really defined well, but very close to Fulton River District and West Loop/Greek Town. One potential issue for this building is that metra/freight train tracks are on both sides of the building, but there are many loft buildings near that one.
that is a cool space..1st floor facing east .. the hood is awesome..grab a coffee at the shop on grand just east of Ogden..top 3 coffee houses in Chicago..walking distance.. your dead center of Randolph street , wicker park, river north and Uk village. walk to transport..tons of places to hang out, the Fulton district..walk home from any loop job or ride bike..avoid the knot of Hwy..jump on 94 west easy, jump on 290 easy, .. its a winner..see it tomorrow..get the comps..make a decision..you got lucky spotting that one..it has been on the market 10 days so its not a steal but who cares.. that place could be a life changer.. let me know if ya need help
Hello Jamie,

The loft is very sharp. As for the area that is a very subjective question. I like the area and have friends that live near by. Each person looks for something different in a neighborhood and in a home.

The other important factor to consider is the building, the management company, and the association. All of these need to be solid to get a loan these days for one. Plus the stronger the association and the better the management helps retain your value of your condo. I have shown many lofts in the West Loop.

If you have any other questions or would like some guidance feel free to drop me an email or call me.

John Zloza
Broker Associate
Direct/ Cell: 708-935-4997
john.zloza@bairdwarner.com
http://www.JohnZrealestate.com
Baird & Warner
This is a great west loop location. My suggestion would be to walk or drive the neighborhood to see how it feels to you and how it fits your life style. The loft itself looks amazing and has a roof deck. Let me know if you would like to set up a time to see it.
This is a very nice area. Let me know if you would like me to set up a showing for you. You can take a look at the unit and a walk through the area.

Thank You,

Nicholas Clancy

RE/MAX PLATINUM
1931 South State St.
Chicago, IL 60616

Direct 312.217.3237

BUYING / SELLING
RESIDENTIAL & COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE
Find an agent in your area by using the search located under "Find A Pro"