Home Buying in Las Vegas>Question Details

Michelle Wes…, Home Buyer in Houston, TX

I've read a lot about the best areas but Lake Las Vegas was not mentioned. I love the Tuscan theme. Is this a popular place to live?

Asked by Michelle Weston, Houston, TX Sat Apr 7, 2012

Answers

17

You should also check into new homes at Harmony Homes Bella Fiore & Tremezzo Communities in the Lake Las Vegas Master Plan. They are a little above your stated price range but are well worth the look. Starting at $298,990 plans go from 2307 sq ft thru 4615 sq ft. - both communities are gated with security patrol included.

We have been selling 5 houses a month between our two communities and have had increased traffic. Someone mentioned to check HOA Fees - Bella Fiore HOA is $150 a month & Tremezzo HOA is $250 a month......all properties in Lake Las Vegas are subject to the Master Plan HOA of $115 in addition to the community HOA.

Lake Las Vegas is a peaceful Master Plan Community only 15-20 minutes from the strip. You can check out the community specific websites at http://www.bellafiorellv.com and http://www.tremezzollv.com or contact me direct at 702-324-9281 or email Mdutchess@HarmonyHomes.com.

1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 7, 2012
Hello Michelle. I will always give it to you straight. I used to be a structural engineer in Nevada and now as a 16 year Realtor, my buyer's agent skills are invaluable. If you are considering moving here, consider using me as your Realtor. I am honest, hard-working and construction savvy.
As far as Lake Las Vegas goes, the below answers were good and I like the area a lot. There are also the issues of being on the outskirts of the city with afternoon and morning traffic and heat in the summertime. Typically Lake Las Vegas/Lake Mead is considerably warmer than say Summerlin on the west side. Often 10 degrees warmer in summer and cooler in winter. The commute is just that- a commute. Children are bussed or driven by a parent to and from schools. The area is pretty though and know that there are other Tuscan feeling houses in town. Give me a call and we can go see some. I can think of at least 10 subdivisions in that style starting in the mid $100,000's. There are also quite a few custom homes in that style. My number is 702-656-1818. Kurt
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 7, 2012
Better check the HOA on-line before driving anywhere. What exactly are your needs! Beds, Baths, sq ft
price range. All those filters with maps and photos will give you a much better profile before you start driving.

David Cooper Investor 702-499-7037
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 15, 2012
Thanks so much. I drove out there. No kids but the HOA's are impossible up there. Some were as much as $1,200 a month but even $400 a month is a deal breaker for me. We liked Summerlin, Anthem and Seven Hills. All seemed decent and prices outstanding. Much appreciation for your help.
If you don't have kids, Lake Las Vegas or Tuscany Village is great. If you have kids, then you better have enough money for a private school because the public schools in that are are the worst in Las Vegas - Sewell Elementary is horrible, Brown Middle School is horrible and Basic High School is also horrible. The neighborhoods are very nice to live in, but once you drive out side the neighborhoods, you are on the crappy side of town. It is basically all hood to me and this is something which none of the realtors seem to be telling anyone. You are much better off in better parts of Henderson areas of Anthem, MacDonald Highlands, Seven Hills or Summerlin. Most of Vegas is pretty sketchy.
This is a great place to live!!

Right now I have a brand new built home available for $465,000 with a 3 percent builder contribution toward closing costs. Lot's of upgrades - a little over 3900 sq ft and you can move in as soon as you can close.....it is already standing!!! This home is near the golf course and has some pretty awesome views!!

If you would iike more details or to arrange a viewing please call me 702-324-9281 or email Mdutchess@HarmonyHomes.com

Michele Dutchess
New Home Sales
Harmony Homes
It is a beautiful place to live. This small town is surrounding a man made lake and has casino and specialty shopping in the center of it all. They have brought back many events (fireworks, ice skating and other holiday themed events) since the re-opening of the casino and restaurants. It was like a ghost town a few years ago and over the past year, things are starting to move again! There are very high associations fees, in comparison to the price of the homes! It is not too far from Henderson amenities, average of a 15 min drive to grocery stores and main stream living. I love it there, it is truly an oasis in the desert! Thank you for the great question! Please call me or email me with any more questions or for a viewing! Raina Musser

raina.musser@gmail.com
702-232-1287
Michele, My wife and I have lived in Vegas since 1976. We've helped hundreds of people over the last 25 or so years and I would suggest you look at two areas. The west side would be the Lakes and the south side would be Green Valley or 7 Hills Anthem. We would love to give you a tour of both areas and brag about all the wonderful things about Las Vegas and the many things to do and see here or close by in other states. We specialize with relocation and can assist you with many different needs. I hope to hear from you. Welcome to the greatest city in the world. Kim and Matt

Matthew D’Ercole
One Source Realty and Management
Cell - 702.501.0973
"A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves".
Know the Constitution & Bill of Rights.
Website - http://matthewsellslasvegas.las.mlxchange.com
Thank you all so much! Your comments really helped us. The multiple HOAs may be the deal breaker. Because of the heat, we thought we'd try to find property waterfront or water view property but this may not be realistic for us financially. Much appreciation!
Lake Las vegas is absolutely beautiful- A lot of turnover as the homes were built at the height of the market and now the foreclosures are happening- I would be happy to help you purchase in that community- We recieve bank owned properties - prior to listing them we have to conduct certain tasks to get them ready. But we can notify you when the type of home you are looking for comes available- or if there is an existing property that you have found on this site, let us know which one you like and we can help.
Paul May
Web Reference: http://www.mayteamlv.com
Hi Michelle,
Lake Las Vegas is quite a way out of the most active part of the Las Vegas Valley, and that may be why it is not often mentioned. It is situated around a man-made lake, with colorful hills rising on both sides. The natural setting is very attractive. It is an upscale community. There are frequent special events centered around the lake and the hotel. The biggest drawback, as another commenter mentioned, is the distance from everyday shopping, like groceries, though there is some shopping in the area, it is boutique-style. There is another large development called Tuscany Village on the way to Lake Las Vegas. Both communities feature golf courses, and, by the way, both are actually in Henderson, NV.
Mike Pristow, Donna Hodge & Associates
Keller Williams Realty The Marketplace
702-604-1001
info@vegaspropertyconnection.com
Lake Las Vegas is very nice. I have a listing on the water that is recently upgraded and gorgeous. Look at 8 Via Del Garda Henderson NV 89011 MLS# 1212035 . Call me if you are interested in viewing this property. Have a great day.
Michelle
Lake Las Vegas is really nice. It has the nice lake and the village. There are free concerts throughout the year. The hotel casino was just reopened and upgraded. This is truly a unique community. Some of the celebrities who play Las Vegas have homes in Lake Las Vegas. The ecomonic times have created some great purchase opportunities. I would be happy to set up a property search for you. Then you can see what is available in Las Vegas. I am always available to answer any questions you have.
Thank You
Suzie Marquardt
Realty One Group
Fahrnyteam@yahoo.com
702-234-7653
It is extremely popular. Homes tend to sell very rapidly in this area. For some people, though the negatives outweigh the positives. Here are the positives: it is a beautiful, well-thought out master planned community with many different subdivisions of differing values. There is a beautiful man-made lake, a small shopping village, exceptionally beautiful homes, and frequent entertainment on the lake. On the negative side, however are 3 and sometimes 4 HOA fees for some subdivisions. Additionally, it is a little far for most people and some of the sections of Lake Las Vegas are 10-12 miles from a supermarket. If these last negatives don't bother you, then it is a fabulous place to live. Originally many of the homes in Lake Las Vegas were marketed as being vacation destinations for people wanting to get away from it all. Now it has become a place where many people live year round. If you are considering the Vegas area, then Lake Las Vegas should certainly be considered as well. It is really a very attractive place to buy a home for vacations or primary residence.
I was born and raised here,I moved away twice and am back.It's different from many other places and I like that.There's so much that you can do either here in town or just a short drive away.City life,camping,hunting,fishing,ghost towns,water skiing and snow skiing,sports,racing,go buy a steak dinner or grocery shop at 2:00 a.m..The people are as friendly here as anywhere.Yes there are a few rude ones,but everybody has them.It's a BIG state,alot of wide open spaces and I love that about Nevada.And there's no state income tax or toll roads.
I see you are from Houston. I spent a few years there as a teen.

Lake Las Vegas is a beautiful area in Southeast Las Vegas! The Tuscany Residential Village is a master planned golf course community. This community is situated around a 6,906 yard lush course designed by Ted Robinson and is expected to have more than 2,100 homes when completed. The community is guard-gated and has lots of planned activities for their residents.

This community is located close to McCarran Airport and the Las Vegas Strip. Great location. Hope this helps. If you would like to take a tour of the area, please let me know and we'll schedule something next time you are in Vegas.

Thanks!

Robin Gray
702-517-3078
robinlvrealtor@gmail.com
Yes, very popular. It's very beautiful. People from all over the world vacation here. Let me know if you're interested and I can email you listings in that area.