sadlittleclo…, Other/Just Looking in Grand Rapids, MI

I've just moved to Grand Rapids, mi are there programs to help me get a home with bad credit.

Asked by sadlittleclown5510, Grand Rapids, MI Mon Oct 22, 2012

Answers

4
Important to get connected with the right lender who can go above and beyond the normal. Call me anytime and I'd be happy to direct you to the best! Jeff@JeffKremers.com
Hi there, If you still need help with your credit score you can go to http://www.ListTrue.com. At the top of our website you'll see a tab that says services, home mortgage will pull down and click on that. This will tell you where to go and who can help. Good Luck!
Poor credit can often be improved somewhat with the help of a credit counsellor or credit repair service. Often it involves correcting mistakes in the credit reports and/or paying off certain debts. Some problems can not be eliminated (short sales, bankruptcies, foreclosures) without waiting a set length of time...and if varies for each instance. A place to start would be a good mortgage lender or broker that can assess your current condition and make a recommendation.

Truly bad credit may not be "mortgage worthy" by any lender.

You might also contact a MSHDA lender. It is a Michigan program for low income home buyers.

How bad is "bad credit"? If you have good reasons for being behind on your bills, and it was a temporary situation, many times a good lender can guide you towards making the correct steps that can get your credit back on track in a few months. There are also some very good credit repair companies who can work closely with you towards your goal of homeownership. I'd be happy to talk with you and refer you to the lenders that I know do a great job with these kinds of issues. Unfortunately, there are no programs that will allow you to purchase a home today with bad credit, understandably, I think.