Sammymom, Home Buyer in 11010

I've heard that living in Franklin Sq north of Turnpike is best, why?

Asked by Sammymom, 11010 Fri Jul 31, 2009

Answers

5
I Believe the whole community is excellent in 17 SD if you have kids and want to send them to public school I would not recomend The dowgwood section because it has Valley Stream 13 Schools which is not AS great as 17 SD Franklin Square. The community is excellent. The Franklin Square Park section I believe is even nicer than Garden City South. I live in the park district and what's great about it is it's close to the ball fields, parks, pools, outdoor entertainment and there isn't many rentals as there is in the northern section which is closer to gc. Franklin Square is a great town and always will be!!!
In my experience most people think that the Franklin Square sd 17 is only north of Hempstead Tpke..which is not true...I think buyers feel that the further north they go the closer to Garden City they are..and also closer to train station..I am an Assoc Broker with Prudential Douglas Elliman Real Estate in Franklin Square and have been a lifetime resident here..If you need anyore info about the area or the home buying / selling process I would be happy to share my knowledge with you... you can contact me by visiting my web site @ joannpepe.com thanks for you inquiry..Jo Ann Pepe
i live in the immediate area, and really what i find which is from the mouth of the buyers is: some people are looking for the Carrey school district which is primarily in that area. south of the tpke turns up a lot of homes in the west hempstead district. i have a few homes that area listed and unlisted in the area, a few friends homes that are being sold by owner. if you would like me to forward you the info, let me know.
Kent Miller
kmiller@laffey.com
9173713153
It depends on taste, what kind of styles you prefer and etc. I would suggest going to look around all over Franklin Square if that is the area you were interested in living. I work as a mother-daughter team with my mother Lucie. My name is Brittany and we work for Century 21, with 8 offices over Long Island. If you did want help on your house hunt feel free to contact either of us at either bdean526@aol.com or ldeanrealtor@aol.com.
It's a matter of taste; if you are not familiar with the area, now is the time to explore, spend some time, drive around, check out shops, local eateries, transportation etc., and take it from there. Keep in mind opinions are just that, what matters is what you like and what you are comfortable with.

Anna
917-576-5376
abrocco@laffey.com