Home Buying in Hayes>Question Details

Marymonsterm…, Home Buyer in Yorktown, VA

I've heard that Gloucester used to have 2 middle schools and now only have one. How bad is the over crowding? Are there plans for another?

Asked by Marymonstermary3, Yorktown, VA Thu Feb 14, 2013

school? We plan to move there July of 2013.

Answers

2
A beautiful and HUGE brand new one is already being built to replace the damaged school!
Yes, Page Middle School did close due to tornado damage, but the school system has relocated the schools 6 and 7th grades to Peasley Middle and the 8th graders in Gloucester Co are in a temporary building on the HS campus. It was an adjustment for all involved, but it seems to be working fine. Yes, Gloucester Co has already started ground on a new Page Middle school on a stip of land across from the old building site. All in all I believe that everything will work for the best.

I see that you are buying a home in Hayes, have you purchased recently? My husband and I are selling our house because he is being transferred to SC. We love our neighborhood and the people here in Gloucester. I believe you will certainly love living here.
We really want to buy a home in that area but are really begining to search now that we know for sure that we'll be at Langely. What kind of commute is it?
Flag Sat Feb 16, 2013