Jamie.naama, Other/Just Looking in 20009

I've had a disappointing experience with Trulia. You usually have great listings. For some reason, you didn't list 1320 S Street NW in

Asked by Jamie.naama, 20009 Mon Oct 19, 2009

Washington DC. When I search through google for this same address, it turns up on your site. But when I search your site, it doesn't show up. Even now that I know it exists, and it's on your site, it doesn't show up when I put in all the relevant search parameters. Can you explain why this is? I check your site 2-3 times per week and I would have bought this house if I had known earlier it was for sale. Thank you.

Answers

10
Jamie"s comment re-asserts the ultimate importance in developing a relationship with a Buyer's Agent to represent Jamie's interests, and to find the properties promptly, efficiently, and timely.

Developing a relationship with a Buyer's Agent who is experienced, knowledgeable, reputable, and recommended is critical to success.

A GOOD Buyer's Agent will seek to build a strong relationship with you that will not end once the deal closes, but will leave you feeling that they served you exceptionally.

Such a Buyer's Agent is not so much focused on making a fast buck now, but building and nurturing a viable relationship that leaves you finishing the transaction with such good and positive feelings about how they served you, that you use them again and again, and will refer your friends or family over and over to them.

It's about relationship not about making a fast easy buck! juss sayin :-)
Yes, Jamie I had some problems myself with Truilla. It provides you with incorrect data information. I a first time home buyer but I have not yet to purchase a home. It's not just truila I loaded onto some of the other sites thinking that the home is still on the market no it's not it has a contract on already on it. But when you go to other websites they say that the property has a contract on it. Everybody needs to be on on page.
Hi Jamie,

Trulia does not have a direct link to MRIS as noted Tony noted below. I would suggest you create your own search criteria if you are looking for properties. if you looking for some information. feel free to vist my site for housing information
Hi Jamie,

Trulia is a great resource. However, it does not have a live feed to the MLS system that Realtors and brokers use. They are relying on data provided by individual agents and brokerages. The best resource is to talk with a Realtor and have them customize a search for you. Our website, http://www.artofcityliving.com has a live MLS feed so you may see the real-time information. I'd also be happy to set up a search for you.
Hi Jamie,

May I suggest that you employ a Realtor?
There are alot of site online that porvide information for buyers, but overal if you really need to find the perfect home, you must work an active agent who knows the area and how to work for your best interest. After all , it is not about finding a home, it is about buying home and negocciate the terms and the price. Please let Know if I can be any help. My website is http://DCRealtyOnline.com or you can txt me at 202-345-2778
Web Reference: http://DCRealtyOnline.com
In their effort to give you the best information, Trulia gets their information from MLS. Sometimes there is a delay in posting. You are welcome to use my portal to MLS for most up to date information. We also offer access to below market financing and no money down financing and a team of three experienced agent so you can get instant attention.

Ellen Levy CRS, CBR, ABR
Barry Levy CRS, CBR
Reverend Grace Caputo CRS, ABR,
202-723-8907
RE/MAX ALLEGIANCE
Web Reference: http://WWW.LEVYTEAM.COM
You are correct to look at trulia as a source. But still the best option is a buyer's realtor who is looking out for you. I routinely have systems in place to inform my buyers the day a property goes on the market. That way when you know what you want for your home, I can let you have the info right away! Don't let another one get away. The more defined you are about the area and type of home your are looking for the better you will be positioned to find the right home for you!
I would be happy to help you. Give me a call or email.

Arthur Hardy, Realtor
W.C. & A.N. Miller Realtors
4910 Massachusetts Ave NW
Suite 119
Washington DC 20016
(202) 362-1300 office
(202) 362-3164 fax
(202) 895-2860 direct
web arthurhardyjr.com
email arthurhardy@LNF.com

Know of anyone thinking of buying or selling a home? Referrals are greatly appreciated.
Jamie,

you're right Truila is usually good but don't fault Truila. It may of been how the listing was entered in the MLS by the listing agent. As agents we can determine whether the listing are pushed to other websites. Now it sounds like the agent may have entered something wrong which when pushed to Trulia. Have you thought about having an agent set you up on an auto search from the MLS? Not sure if you have an agent but if not I would be happy to set you up on one if you would like. Otherwise happy house hunting!
Best Regards, Jonathan (Jonathan@sirgdc.com)