Home Buying in Freeport>Question Details

Alease, Home Buyer in 11756

I've found a co-op that I like, but the listing agent says the co-op rules are not available for my

Asked by Alease, 11756 Wed Jul 23, 2008

inspection until after I'm in contract. This sounds wrong. What can I do?

Answers

3
Co-op rules, financials, etc., are always provided to your attorney for review before the contract is signed. In some developments this information is only released to the attorneys and not the agents; therefore make sure you hire an attorney who is familiar and has done co-op transactions.

Anna
917-576-5376
abrocco@laffey.com
That is ridiculous. With every co-op I have been involved in a copy of the prospectus, the financials, and the rules are required by the buyers attorney before contract. You attorney probably won;t let you go into contract without these. This does not sound on the up and up to me.
Call the management Company which should be listed with phone number on the listing sheet and ask for a copy of the co-op house rules for you to inspect. You can also ask for the financials. You should not have to wait until you are in contract. Need a good agent. Visit my web site PaulMVPteam.com.
Web Reference: http://PaulMVPteam.com