Home Buying in San Jose>Question Details

Frustratedbu…, Home Buyer in San Jose, CA

I've bought a house in Pinn Bros Orchard Hieghts development in Evergreen, San Jose . Our house was

Asked by Frustratedbuyer, San Jose, CA Mon Aug 31, 2009

suppose to be built this summer and the dates keep moving. I'm told Pinn has lots of mechanic liens and are in trouble. I just want my house. Does anyone know if Pinn will continue to build or if they are going to file bankruptcy and if they do file bankruptcy does someone else build the house?

Answers

2
Dear Frustrated - I live near there and hear complaints all the time. Also I have seen NOD (notice of default) filed on several of the homes. If you send me the address via email, I can respond.
I did hear that Pinn Bros filed bankruptcy, but please check with them or your real estate attorney to find out exactly what they are doing with your deposit.
Dear Home Buyer,

I have a friend who does engineering work for them sometimes and his office is in the same
building on Saratoga Ave. I will try to reach him and see if he has any info on the project and
any other problems they may have. You can also check county records as mechanic liens
are recorded. They also should be licensed with the State of California so you can also check
with them. The project also most likely was sent to the Department of Real Estate for approval
and they may be able to help too. Did you put op a good faith deposit? If so you may check on the
status of that and also look at your contract and read it carefully to make sure you understand its language
and what your remedies are. You may end up needing a good real estate attorney to advise you also
depending on what you find out. If you need any help I would be happy to assist you.

Jim Guido