Home Buying in Sun City>Question Details

Chris, Home Buyer in San Bernardino County,...

I've been trying to buy my first house since, Feb,2009. I have put in multi-offers and I still dont have a

Asked by Chris, San Bernardino County, CA Tue Aug 11, 2009

house. Either out bided or the bank rather not accept a short sell. Would rather the house foreclose. Which doesnt make sense to me. Anyways My friends think I should get another agent, they suggest it should not have taken this long, All I want is a 3bdrm pool home..But I like my agent and dont see how it could be her fault. Should I get another agent or stay with her?

Answers

3
I am sure this is frustrating for your agent as well. It is not a benefit to the agent for continuing to write offers and not get them accepted. As the saying goes "Time is Money". If your agent has been working with you since Feb, she is very tuned into what you are looking for and what your needs are. Starting with a new agent may not be your best choice. Multiple offer situations sometimes require you offering more than the asking price to get it. Don't be afraid to talk to For Sale By Owners. Most of them are willing to work with an agent. An agent in our office had that same situation with her buyer and another agent was commenting in the office meeting about a house that she would be listing. It matched perfectly on what her buyers were looking for and they wrote an offer before it was listed on the MLS and it got accepted. There is hope so be patient and follow the advice of your agent when making suggestions in writing an offer.
This really depends on what she has been doing for you. It could be your agent has been doing all the right things. Have you been making strong offers? Are they full offers or above asking? Is your prequal letter from a direct lender? Are getting drip emails notifying you of new listings the moment they are listed? If the banks are saying they do not want to do a short sell they may be giving you an approved short sale price the moment they reject your offer. Be sure to ask your agent to find out these details. It is very competitive right now so it could be your agent is doing all the right things. Its important to also follow up with the listing agents that rejected your offer in favor of another short sale buyer. Sometimes the buyers walk and you can move right into first position.

Let me know if I can help. Best of luck!
Chris,

If you started looking for properties in Feb., there weren't very many "bank owned" properties available. Everyone was in the same position, agents as well, to find homes outside a "Short Sale" process earlier this year. Especially a pool home! 4-6 month wait has been the standard wait time.

I'm sure your agent has tried to reassure you of this just as we try with our clients.

I would recommend you stick with your agent. You've already created a relationship and she is aware of exactly what you're looking for. She has the same access to information as another agent does. Why start all over when you probably already have the best.

Best of luck!
Web Reference: http://www.weberhomes.INFO