Home Buying in Memphis>Question Details

Manny, Home Buyer in Memphis, TN

I've been relocated to Memphis. What would be the best area to buy?

Asked by Manny, Memphis, TN Tue Apr 29, 2008

Answers

12
I would first want to start with the Number one Real Estate Company in the Mid-South. Crye-Leike will give you all of your answers. Is that not a great relief when it comes to moving. We have been rarted 4th in the nation also. We are a very powerfutl company and leave no customer unsatisfied. I would love for you to book an appointment with me today. I kow that it has been a month, but if you are still looking I can help. You can contact me at 731-676-5124. My name is Rhonda. Thank you so much for reading my response. Hope to hear from you soon.
As a long-time resident of the area, I'd recommend the Germantown area. I don't know your price range but would suggest you at least look in The Highlands area of Germantown which has larger lots and is in an excellent public school district. Good luck!
Hi Manny,
You already have lots of answers to your question - but I would like to share mine. Oftentimes, your basic needs will dictate where you want to live - there really isn't any best area - but there are a lot of areas to avoid. Your budget can help determine where you might want to live and how close you want to be to your work place. Do you want a city atmosphere or do you like the country environment? Do you want a home on the lake? I have a beauty. We really have all here in the Memphis area. I can tell you this - set your budget and I will find the special home for you and your family. You can expect a casual no pressure approach working with me. This is going to be all about you and your needs - I like 100% satisfaction with all my clients. Call me or email me and let me find a solution to your real estate needs 901--233-3313 bobrbrown@remax.net

Here's a direct link to all properties available in the Memphis area:
http://bobbrown.maar.mlxchange.com
Web Reference: http://bobrbrown.remax.com
Manny-- Not a real-estate agent here.. so I'm not going to give you 'the world is wonderful no matter where you buy' point of view. Strongly recommend Germantown. Collierville and Arlington are very far out and don't have the zoning needed to help with resale as the neighborhoods get older. Their central business districts are a joke-- unless you like WalMarts and car dealerships. Gtown is more family-oriented and tends to attract more transplants such as you. The other good option for transplants is downtown/ Mud Island for singles and empty nesters.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 10, 2008
Hey Manny and welcome to Memphis! Like my fellow Realtors have said, the Memphis area has many great neighborhoods, but I would advise you to look in many different areas. Some times people have an undeserved bias toward the suburbs (and that may very well be right for you), but we also offer some beautiful and thriving older neighborhoods as well. Don't miss the opportunity to experience the giant trees, azaleas, and fabulous turn of the century homes that some people don't see until after they have purchased a home in the suburbs. Memphis and Shelby County have lots of happy and healthy places, so be sure to "do the legwork" and look all around!
Also, be sure to get a qualified and active Realtor who knows all of the Mid-South and will work to match your needs to the best place for you to live.
Hello Manny
The Memphis area has a variety of property offerings and locations to choose from. Your priorities would dictate where to look for your new home. Your workplace, school zones, health care facilities are just a few of the factors that would influence your decision. We can easily email homes directly to you in and around Memphis so you can decide for yourself which homes might suit you the best. Then, you can view these homes and neighborhoods with private showing appointments. Please let us know if we can help you. The link to our web site is within this answer. There you can contact us or if you prefer, you can use our link to go into the MLS search for yourself and view homes as well.
Good luck with your move.
http://www.Bluffcityrealestate.com
Hi Manny,

There are several great areas in and around Memphis to consider. I grew up in Memphis, and now live in Collierville, which is a town of it's own, but feels more like a big suburb of Memphs. I absolutely love it here! It has great schools, low crime and is an upscale community where a lot of families choose to live. Germantown is close by and is also a terrific neighborhood for families with good schools. If you are looking to live in the city, I would recommend downtown or mid-town. Best of luck to you in your move! Please let me know if I can help in any way. My website is http://www.jolynnashomes.com. From there I have links to some helpful sites for people relocating to the area.
Welcome to the MIdSouth Manny,
Memphis is a city with a small town feel. Your preferred commute time, budget and proximity to schools and shopping will dictate your choices. Go to our website and click "Search Area Listings"; you can preview all areas of Memphis and surrounding areas based upon your criteria without wondering aimlessly through thousands of home. Good Luck! Michelle & Rick
Web Reference: http://www.DoscherTeam.com
It's all about lifestyle choices, Manny (and, of course, how much money you want to spend). The closer in suburbs are Germantown, Cordova, and Bartlett; farther out Lakeland, Arlington and Collierville. I specialize in properties in the heart of Memphis-from Downtown to Midtown, to East Memphis- these areas have more of a big-city feel, however there are great neighborhoods in all price ranges and a good diversity of people and activities. Downtown and Midtown are popular entertainment districts. Give us an idea of your needs, and we will be glad to make specific recommendations.
Web Reference: http://www.spake.com
There are so many great places to live all over our wonderful city, in addition to the suburbs. What is important to you? Are you looking to be close to work? Schools? I would be happy to point you in the right direction based on some of the factors that may be appealing to you ... Congratulations on your move to Memphis - it's a great place to live!
Web Reference: http://www.mistyjones.com