Home Buying in Orangecrest>Question Details

Michael, Home Buyer in PO Box 21293, Rivers...

I've been looking at Repo homes in OrangeCrest, but I've been disappointed that the prices are still high. I

Asked by Michael, PO Box 21293, Riverside, CA 92516 Wed Jun 25, 2008

just got divorced and need to find a new home. I want a min 3 bdrm, 2 ba. I'd like a pool. But don't trust the Repos that are damaged and have empty pools. What would you advise?

Hi Michael,
I would love to tell you that you are going to find a great buy on a Repo, but the truth is that in the last market the Repos were discounted because of condition. This is still true, although where the difference lies now is that the inventory is so lean and the interest rates are so low that the home buyer now has to pay over asking price to get the home they are interested in. According to your sales price you will most likely be in multiple offers if the property is below $250,000.

If you do get your offer accepted there is a provision built into the purchase contract that allows you to a 17 day inspection time frame. During that time frame you can have a home inspection done on the property and if you should find out anything that would make you not want to purchase the home you have the right to back out of your contract and take your earnest deposit money with you. The biggest challenge in this market will be getting your offer accepted. So when writing your offer you need to write the cleanest offer you can.

If there is anything I can do to help you with your home search please feel free to email or contact me at (909) 821-7133.

I hope this helped!

Candi Choumas
Remax Real Pros
On any home that you are thinking about putting an offer on, you should get a home inspection done. The inspector job is to let you know whats wrong with the property then you can either go thru with the purchase or back out.