Karla, Home Buyer in Mexico, MO

I used to live in the HBS campus in Allston and loved it. I am no longer a student and am looking for

Asked by Karla, Mexico, MO Mon Mar 10, 2008

something in the area but that is not old as most stuff in Boston, any advece

Answers

5
What is your price range? I assume that you are not from the area. Yes, the Boston area has a lot of old homes and buildings. Many people consider this charming--some consider it old. Many times an old building has some beautifuly renovated condominiums inside. Find a good agent who can find you what you want at a price that you can afford.

1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 11, 2008
Check out http://www.TerritoryRE.com you can do an advanced search and sort by year built. Its an easy way to id stuff that's new construction.
Cambridge/Somerville....
I love both towns, and between the two of them there's enough variations in the neighborhoods that you should be able to find something you're happy with no matter what you're price range is (as long as your price range is reasonable for the Boston area).
I feel your pain and good luck since most of areas close to Boston and in Boston are “old“. But that does not mean that they are bad homes. They have been most likely updated by now. Some condos might be newer. What, actually, defines old for you?
Definitely get pre-approved first and than you will know where to look and what to expect.

Best of luck
Hi Karla,
First thing is to determine your price range because that will help determine the area and the age of the property to look at.