Nell, Home Buyer in 36582

I think my loan officer is racist and is putting up road blocks, to my loan, what can I do?

Asked by Nell, 36582 Fri Jun 29, 2012

Answers

2
Nell,

Contact the department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). What you are stating would be a violation of the Federal Fair Housing statutes and would be investigated by HUD. The state attorney general would not be a bad call either as there are seperate state statutes that this allegation could be investiagated under.

One word of caution however. What you are proposing is a very serious allegation and should only be complained if you are really sure that is what is taking place. Make sure you aren't mistaking a bank's underwriting criteria or guidelines for a racist roadblock to your loan.

Cameron Piper
licensed MN Broker
Coldwell Banker Burnet
612-839-4202
What??? That's not a good feeling! I would suggest talking to the manager of the mortgage company first. Do you have a real estate agent yet?

If you don't feel your issues are being resolved, I would encourage you to check with the State of MN Attorney General.

What I'm wondering is what you think your lender's incentive is for preventing you from getting your loan. If your loan goes through, that's how your lender gets paid, so I'm not exactly sure what you believe the motivation is here?

Good luck~
I do have a realtor. I feel that every time I do as the loan officer ask, he come up with something else, and replies " oh, I didn't think that was gonna happen, well know do this". He continued to do things in this fashion until the last thing was impossible. Where does that leave me now? Now I can't get my earnest money back.
Flag Sat Jun 30, 2012