Home Buying in South Holland>Question Details

Nat, Home Owner in Chicago, IL

I think my agent just bought the house I was bidding on. He said my offer was rejected but I was not given the opportunity to counter. I have not

Asked by Nat, Chicago, IL Fri Sep 4, 2009

heard from him in a week and the house is under contract. If he buys the house do I have any recourse?

Answers

2
Nichole Lathus’ answer
HI NAT,

I WOULD FIRST CALL HIS BROKER AND TELL HIM/HER YOUR CONCERNS. THEY SHOULD BE ABLE TO TELL YOU WHO HAS A CONTRACT ON THE HOUSE. IF YOUR AGENT HAS PURCHASED THE HOUSE WHILE YOU WERE TRYING TO BUY IT, I BELIEVE THERE WOULD BE SOME RECOURSE BUT I WOULD HAVE TO PUT YOU IN TOUCH WITH THE DISCIPLINARY DIVISION IF YOU WANTED TO FILE A COMPLAINT.
I WOULD BE HAPPY TO HELP YOU FIMD ANOTHER HOME .FEEL FREE TO GIVE ME A CALL AT 708-646-6533 OR EMAIL ME AT nlathus@yahoo.com .
Why do you think your agent purchased the house? Also, you can ask the listing broker what company submitted the bid.

For a more accurate response please email us today at rich.williams@kw.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 5, 2009