Home Buying in Myrtle Beach>Question Details

Jerry Roosa, Home Buyer in Shrewsbury, MA

I think I want a vacation condo home in the myrtle beach area , but to be sure I wish to rent for a year. Would I be able to work through a realtor ?

Asked by Jerry Roosa, Shrewsbury, MA Sun Feb 14, 2010

Answers

8
wanda wilson’s answer
There is a company called Barefoot Vacations. Their number is 843-626-7457. They are owned and located in Century21 Broadhurst's building where I am a real estate agent. The girls with Barefoot are oozing with southern charm and would love to speak with you. They are located at 3405 N. Kings Hwy. Myrtle Beach, S.C. Call quickly because they're almost full for the season. Or, I'd love to sell you a condo. We have them listed from around $20,000 to $600,000. Presently I have a one bedroom sleeps 8 condo ocean front located in Compass Cove Resort. You can see it at http://www.realtor.com by
entering MLS # 1303453. Please call me if I can be of service or if you should need further info,
regarding Myrtle Beach. local lender info. available. Thank you, Wanda
Another very important element to buying or renting a condo in the Myrtle Beach area is the monthly expense for HOA or POA dues. These vary greatly, according to the number of units and the amenities required to be funded by the association, such as a swimming pool, outside building, yard maintenance, building insurance, utilities, cable connections, trash, etc. It is a wise idea to check the monthly dues prior to entering a contract for purchase or rental.
FYI, you may want to explore your options very carefully. You will find that Condo's are usually difficult to finance therefore may be hard to resale. Make sure they are approved FHA condos this will make it much easier to get financed in the future. You can contact me and I will be glad to find out if it qualifies for you. I think you are wise to rent for a year before you purchase, You may even be able to find a seller that will give you a lease option. This may be in your best interest. It will also allow you time to study the market and to see how it will fluctuate over the next year. Good luck!
If you aren't sure you want to purchase, renting could be a smart idea so you can find out what area you would like to buy in.

Just give us a call and we will be glad to assist you in your search.

Jerry Pinkas Home Selling Team - is your local expert in all your Real Estate needs in the Myrtle Beach Area. Our Team is dedicated to inform our clients on how to be a pro in the local real estate market and avoid common pitfalls that are costly. You will have access to the most comprehensive MLS Listing Service in the area with Free access and with lots of tools for both Buyers and Sellers. Award Winning – Top Ranked – Highly Recommended – Call The Pros - Google or call (843) 839-9870; Put our team to work for you today.
You can certainly work through a realtor. Our company does both sales and rentals and we would be happy to help you.
Hi Jerry.

Some realtors work with rentals and I do! Your story is very familiar and you have options. Have you been to Fat Harolds lately, have we already met? Contact me again and we'll find you a nice condo to rent and go from there.

Warm regards, Sue Straub, Broker in Charge, GRI, Realtor, licensed in SC, NC, MN and WI
RoyalSusan@hotmail.com
952-270-4183
Royal Companies LLC
Royal Real Estate Services, Inc.
Hey There Jerry!

That is a wise decision, especially since your possibilities are virtually "endless" in our market.

I have worked with a multitude of buyers who have done exactly what you are contemplating and it typically works out great.

While I too work primarily in the Sales arena, my client and customer base typically start out renting in or close to the area they are considering. I am always happy to assist since our business is ultimately about helping people fullfill a dream or desire and that would be the first step toward that goal.

Please feel free to contact me at 843-450-8070 or by email at LauraBunts@aol.com. You may also check out my web-site below for a sampling of some of the communities where you might begin your search for a desirable rental property.

I wish you luck and look forward to hearing from you!
Laura Bunts
Web Reference: http://LauraBunts.com
Hello Jerry. It makes sense to rent before you buy in this market. When considering buying a home in the current Real Estate market, all buyers need to expect to own that home for at least a few years. Since it is a buyers market it will take time to recoup your expenses such as sales commissions and closing costs. Renting lets you decide whether you should make that commitment to a certain area. My company manly handles Real Estate sales however we also maintain a small rental management department. Please feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss further. Good luck with the move!