Home Buying in Fourth Ward>Question Details

Aundrea Klin…, Renter in Charlotte, NC

I think I like the area (4th ward) 405 W 7th St. any 3 maybe 4 bedrooms? How are the schools in the neighborhood?

Asked by Aundrea Klines , Charlotte, NC Sun Dec 1, 2013

Hi Aundrea!

4th Ward is very small, with only a dozen or so square blocks of homes and condos. Right now there are no listings for 3 BR/2 BA condos in 4th Ward. Park Plaza (405 West 7th St.), which I am very familiar with, only has a 3 BR unit come on the market every other year or so. The good news is that 3rd Ward, right next door to 4th Ward has three 3BR/2BA homes for sale and they are listed between $219,900 and $273,000. It is a fantastic neighborhood! Years ago, my aunt even named one of the streets there (she thought "West 2nd Street" was boring so she petitioned and had it renamed "Greenleaf Avenue"). If you will send me your email address, I'll forward the listings to you. I would be happy to show them to you!

Liz Millsaps Haigler
5 Points Realty
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 2, 2013
Good evening, Aundrea:
You may want to read the Trulia Real Estate Blog "What are the best Schools in Charlotte?" and research the school scores. Of course, parental involvement can positively impact schools. If you have a full time agent with a Masters degree in Planning with Finance and over two decades of experience, working for you, you will likely do better in negotiations. I'd be pleased to provide that service. If you appreciate this answer, please give it a thumbs up, or if this was the most helpful answer, please say thanks with a best answer click.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Dec 3, 2013
Please visit: http://www.ncreportcards.org to get current school report cards to compare.
If you have any more questions/concerns , please contact me at 704-264-7280. I am an agent with Allentate and would be happy to help you.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 2, 2013

The fourth ward is a nice area in uptown Charlotte. The homes listed for sale up there are limited. That area mostly has condos for sale. There are some three bedroom places for sale there. Part of the equation on what you are looking for will depend on the price range you are looking in for that area. Prices in the fourth ward tend to run from the high $300's and up for a three bedroom place.

In regards to the schools in the area. It is very subjective and as Realtors we are not allowed to steer or give subjective opinions of schools or areas. However; I can direct you to various sites to help you decipher the information. One I found to be great in regards to schools is http://www.ncreportcard.org. There you put in the school and then it will give you how the school performs both in the district and nationally and how it ranks as well as how it has done in the past few years.

Dave diCecco
Helen Adams Realty
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 2, 2013
Hi Aundrea!

Realtors are not allowed to disclose demographics and school information. You can look up information on specific schools at http://www.greatschools.org or other sites. If you'd like help with your home buying process, feel free to email or call me directly, as I work as a buyer agent and it wouldn't cost you extra to use me when buying!

John Siddons
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 1, 2013