Home Buying in Lawrenceville>Question Details

Aden, Home Buyer in Gwinnett County, GA

I suspect Listing Agent is trying to get double commission and is not responding to our inquires?

Asked by Aden, Gwinnett County, GA Mon Sep 24, 2012

I submitted an offer through my agent on a short sale last week. We requested a 4 day for an answer and it is now 5 days. The listing agent said he was trying to meet with the sellers to present our offer since 2 days ago but at least we expected an answer today but still no answer. Agent would not return a phone call or an email request from my agent. I contemplated having my agent call his broker but I did not want to piss anybody off so I decided to wait another day. In the mean time, I happen to have been in the neighborhood visiting my sister who lives in the same subdivision; I saw the Listing agent and another person leaving the property. Listing agent gave the home owner a warm hug,looked like they knew each other more than the transaction. Seller was still outside, I was afraid to talk to seller but I reluctantly did. I made a conversation and said that we were anxious about our offer. We did not directly pause for an answer and just talked general. Sister and I kept on walki

Answers

5
Thank you everyone, We still have no reply on our offer and just curious how to complain about this to I don't know who,

Roschproperties, I checked the link but this is a private seller trying to short sale so it would be only the bank?

I also think the seller might be trying to sell it to their Keen. I am over this house now and don't mind moving to the next but I feel obligated to have agent deciplined to do the right thing. How do I? Agent is a broker so my Agent wants to complain to RealestateCommission of Georgia, is this the right thing?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 30, 2012
If its a short sale approved in pricess you could contact http://www.reoprep.com and see it its one of theirs. A lot of the short sales are assigned through them and I know this would be against their ethics. Plus even though the listing agent wants more commission REOPREP would want the highest price for the house.
Thanks for your answers,
My agent will send an email request and a phone call today.

Yes I understand that I can move to another property but how about the ethical rule here? is n't there one that governs agents in this situation? What rights do I or my agent have to request if Agent submitted our offer to seller, Can we tell the 3rd party lender that our offer might have been for more? There are two properties in that same subdivision and we are preparing to put another offer so it is not about falling in love, it is about Ethics and rules. Thank you.
Obviously if you are looking at underpriced homes you are looking for a deal. The number one rule for looking for a deal is don't fall in love with the property. Move on.

You will never know the motivation of the listing agent. Short sellers are difficult to deal with. Short sales hard to conclude. There is a huge amount of fraud in short sales, if you offered over list the property was probably underpriced. If this agent would seek to cheat the lender, cheat the seller it is reasonable to conclude the agent would cheat you. The solution, Move on.

There are other properties.

Bruce