Nicole, Home Buyer in Atlanta, GA

I submitted a loan application online but have not heard anything. It's been over a week. Is this normal?

Asked by Nicole, Atlanta, GA Thu May 2, 2013

Sally English’s answer
If you are working with a big bank this is just par for the course. If you are working with a mortgage broker or credit union - give them a call. They are happy to give you an update. I would have guessed you would have heard something back by now!
Sally English

I have to concur with what many have already stated, to the "big banks" you're just another file and they feel that you need them more than they need you. I just recently left a "big bank" after 3 years of employment because of this type of attitude towards customer service. They are largely successful right now due to the contraction of competition in the market but I believe they are starting to bleed market share due to their lack luster service. Smaller regional banks are becoming more and more prevalent and the vast majority of realtors prefer them over the "big boys". I would be glad to assist you in any way that I can, just give me a call. It’s important to note that you are not likely to receive better terms & conditions from a lender just because they have 1000's of branches in GA. You need a mortgage not an ATM.

Chris Irvin
Mortgage Banker
Brand Mortgage
NMLS #75615/465546

Unfortunately, this is a typical response times with many of the "big bank" Lenders.

If you would like an immediate response and a pre-approval processed the same day, please give me a call directly. My cell phone number is 770-864-7926.

I am available to take your call anytime.

Gregory J. Peters
Sales Manager | Evolve Bank & Trust
11605 Haynes Bridge Road Suite 125| Alpharetta, GA 30009
770-255-3835 | fax 678-387-1435 | cell 770-864-7926
NMLS#: 162522

Apply online! http://www.gregoryjpeters.com/
You might consider contacting the Lender and asking if they received your information, Nicole. Please call, text or email if we can provide further assistance. Good Luck!

Michael Hammond