Home Buying in North Dallas>Question Details

Yoa_hernandez, Home Buyer in Georgia Tech, Atlanta,...

I spoke with a realtor in GA already and he told me that if I buy a house I'll have to pay him (Realtor) for the commission It is true?

Asked by Yoa_hernandez, Georgia Tech, Atlanta, GA Sun Feb 17, 2013

Answers

5
John Juarez’s answer
In general: the seller pays the entire commission to the listing agent. The listing agent shares a portion of the commission with the agent who represents the buyer.

There are variations. One of the variations is if you work with an agent who represents buyers only and negotiates a contract with the buyer that guarantees the agent a certain amount of commission upon close of a purchase. The amount paid to the listing agent and shared with the buyer’s agent may cover that obligation. Discuss this in more detail with your agent.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Feb 18, 2013
It will be depends on what the deal you have negioated. We have a buyer rep agreement that we use to protect us from not getting pay. And if our client go directly to builder, then the client will then required to pay us commission.

Dixon
Usually the sellers pay the buyers agent- contact him and find out why this would not be the case in your situation
HINT: Kenny statement is soooooo true .... Realtors don't work for FREE we are professionals same as Dr's., attorney's, and even yourself we are paid for services rendered.

When you purchase a property sellers pay for all Realtors fees

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant
Multimillion Dollar Sales Producer
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com

Follow me on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/lynn911dallas
Yes, commissions are between the Buyer and the Realtor. Realtors don't work for free.

Kenny
Turtle Creek Realty