Home Buying in Fairhope>Question Details

Kyluh, Home Buyer in 24279

I seem to be having a problem finding homes in the Fairhope and surrounding areas with a pool. Is there a reason that pools seem hard to come by?

Asked by Kyluh, 24279 Tue Jul 31, 2012

Answers

6
Were you able to find your house with a pool? I agree that it is hard to find, especially in the downtown area.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 17, 2012
Why not buy a house with land & just put one in? There's a nice big house listed at 14073 State Highway 181, sitting on 10 acres with a barn in back giving plenty of land to put in a pool! The house is brick - all one level with 4+ bedrooms 3 & 1 half baths with lots & lots of extras. The master suite is to dye for & has a walk in closet the size of a nursery! The house price is unusually low for the value! That home would be twice as much money anywhere else in the US!
There is a new listing on Magnolia Av near downtown that has a pool. One reason you do not see that many pools is that the lot sizes in the Fruit & Nut District are small. Do keep in mind that you can join Lakewwod Country Club and use their pool as well as, the pool and beach at the Grand Hotel.
I have a new listing at 12484 Co. Rd. 24 that is on approx. 5 acres and has a wonderful in-ground pool. Visit my listings for details, then call for an appointment if it's in your price range.
There are fewer homes with pools and likewise fewer buyers for homes with pools than without. I think what you are experiencing is this year we have had fewer homes come onto the market and it has been challenging to find properties for some buyers. Inventory for some, such as yourself, is low. It may be a good idea to set-up an auto-search for homes with pools, that way if one pops up, you will know right away. Let me know if I can help.
Web Reference: http://tiastanley.com
I can help you with that. I have search capabilities via the MLS system that the general public doesn't have. If you aren't already working with an agent to do this for you, give me a call and I'll be glad to get all the information I need to find you options. We have one listing on Danne Road that has a pool and which is shown under my Trulia listings.
Would it be safe to say that less homes in the area have pools? We have searched some homes in florida and seems most all homes have one there. i wasn't sure if it's just the area or simply no inventory with pools at this time.
Flag Tue Jul 31, 2012