bner09, Home Buyer in Glendora, CA

I see homes on trulia and other sites listed as forclosures, how do i find out if these homes are currently for sale? Thanks

Asked by bner09, Glendora, CA Fri Jul 26, 2013

How do find out if homes listed on trulia and other sites are actives foreclosures as they are listed on sites?

Answers

10
The MLS is the best way to find active listings. If you need a list let me know.
Realtors have access to several sources of information about homes for sale -- whether they are Active, on Hold, Pending (in Escrow but sale is not completed), Cancelled, Withdrawn, or a Closed Sale. We also have access to the type of sale: Standard, Notice of Default, Short Sale, Foreclosure, Bank Owned. Some of us have access to information about properties going up for auction, which courthouse steps that property is scheduled to be auctioned, the opening bid, the rough value/possible equity, and even up-to-date (the morning of the auction) on whether that property's auction status has changed from Active to Postponed or Cancelled. At this time, Buyer's do not pay to use the services of an agent.
Homes listed on Trulia or other sites as in foreclosure are generally not for sale. It only means that that owner may have received a notice of some sort that may have started the foreclosure process. The foreclosure process could take months or years before a property is finally foreclosed and sold at auction.
There are several pay sites that give you lists of properties in various stages of foreclosure. You have to track properties to see when they are going to go at auction. They could be out of the foreclosure process at any time, even the day before. So it takes a lot of patience, research and understanding of the market to buy at a foreclosure auction.
Also, you have to pay all cash at the auction. No refunds. No Title insurance. No chance to see the property before you buy. Also, unlike normal sales where the seller pays the fees for the Selling and Buying agent this does not occur in a foreclosure. So fee arrangements would have to be made in advance if you want to work with an agent or a broker.
Of course, you don't have to work with an Agent or Broker, you can do it yourself.
If you are looking for a website that offers up to date foreclosure listings, I would like to recommend http://www.BankForeclosuresSale.com. This is a site that requires membership but you can peruse through the listings in your market area first before signing up.

Our database contains over two million foreclosure homes, including bank foreclosures, government foreclosures like VA homes and HUD homes, distressed properties and commercial properties that are for sale all across the nation. All of the listings have had any outstanding liens eliminated and the title is free and clear. We also update our extensive collection of listings every day.

I did a quick check for homes in your area and I found 514 active listings. Here is the link to check it out: http://www.bankforeclosuressale.com/list/zipcodes/91741.html
Often times those websites are not daily updated. Your best bet is to hire an agent, it does not cost you anything and can keep you updated about the latest listings based on your criteria.

John Flores 909-732-3061
tecosellsusa@hotmail.com
Working with a Realtor is your best source..at no charge.
Susan@SusanBour.com
I am a local realtor for Glendora, CA. If you would like to find out if a house is still available or foreclosure, please feel free to call or email me the address. I also have a website you can visit that that has access to the house available in the are.

http://www.glendora-realtor.us/

Good luck and let me know if be of service.

626-869-7464
Check with an agent in your market. Trulia and other companies often purchase foreclosure "listings" that display any home where a Notice of Default/Notice of Trustee's Sale has been recorded. Many of these aren't actually for sale - the foreclosure hasn't been completed - and some may never make it to the market.

You can ask about individual properties here and get swamped with answers from the peanut gallery, but your better bet is to get hooked up with a quality agent and have them verify the data for you.
Many of the foreclosures are sold or go under contract quickly, while others listed as foreclosure have yet to hit the market. Contact an expert (like myself) who can quickly find out the information for you and can determine the status right away for you.
There is a group of people, who make a living helping people like you;
have you ever heard of REALTORS?