David, Other/Just Looking in Venice Beach Califor...

I see a few Single Family homes in the marina for sale at $300K? whaaat?

Asked by David, Venice Beach California Tue Aug 26, 2008

I see they could go back to the banks. what is the catch because I see the average price in the marina is something like 800K how does this work...signed I know almost nothing about buying a Home...

Answers

3
There are some good bargains in Short-Sale and Foreclosure property, however, I have not seen much in the Westside areas.
David
I think She-lee is correct. It is one aspect of Trulia that my clients find confusing...but if you read the fine print...it says more....
Keith Sorem, Real Estate Pro in Glendale, CA
David:

I will answer your question with a question. Are you seeing these homes on RealtyTrac as a foreclosure? If that is the case, what you are seeing is the loan amount and/or the delinquency amount on that loan. These properties may not even be for sale. The owner has defaulted on his loan, however, he has over 100 days to try and fix the problem or sell the home, before the bank forecloses.

These properties are in the pre-foreclosure phase and may not even be listed for sale. With many years experience in this area of the market, I would be happy to help you try and land one of these homes before it goes to foreclosure. Let me know if you would like to look into this further, and Dare to Dream.

Shel-lee Davis
Real Estate Consultant
RE/MAX Palos Verdes Realty