Home Buying in Fremont>Question Details

Joyhardin, Home Buyer in Fremont, CA

I saw an ad recently from real estate co that will represent you w/o a contract, but I don't recall their kname. Can you help- me with this?

Asked by Joyhardin, Fremont, CA Mon Jan 27, 2014

Answers

8
Are you looking to sell a home or buy a home?
Hi Joyhardin, I have represented buyers to find homes to buy without buyer/agent contract until time to make an offer. However, it is necessary to sign a contract to sell if I represent a seller. This way it will protect yourself as a seller and pretect the listing agent legally. My dedication and endurance bind my buyers to me and I have had happy clients. So, to answer your question....if you are buying a home, I will not need a contract to find you a home until time to make offer. Please call me if you are so inclined to use my service....510-284-9957.
In my opinion, no sensible agent would do this as the contract is the only document that ensures he would get paid for his services upon completion of the task. I don't think someone is going to work free for anyone
Hello Joyhardin,

To sell a home, there is a contract called a Listing Agreement. It is necessary.
To buy a home, there is a buyers contact with the buyers agent, that is optional. Like John, I feel a trust between buyer and agent is more important than a piece of paper. However, to purchase a home you will need to sign a purchase contract / offer. This will have all the terms and price which you are offering.

To re-cap; You do not need to sign a contract with an agent to buy a home.

Sit down with an agent / Broker and discuss your wants, needs, and concerns - and don't sign anything you do not fully understand.

Brian

.
Joyhardin, I think because it's a seller's market these days there are realtors wanting a home for their buyers and willing to list your home without a contract...... there are multiple offers on properties and not much inventory ....I think it's always better to have a signed contract so you get the best offer for your home.....Good luck!
Lubna
510-882-6729
thanx
Flag Tue Jan 28, 2014
Hello, Joyhardin,

Many Realtors will represent buyers without a signed contract. I allow my performance to bind my clients to me. If my clients are not satisfied with my performance a contract only increases their displeasure.

It is unlikely that any Realtor will represent a seller without a signed listing contract.
Hi Joyhardin, I have never heard of any real estate company that would list a home without a signed contract that lays out all the requirements required by both the agent and the client. As for a buyers agent I have never used a buyer broker agreement but they can and do protect you. They lay out what you can expect from your agent. They also protect the agent because the buyers agent will spend time and money helping you find a home, and the buyer broker agreement will ensure they get paid when you find your home....... FYI the buyers agent is paid by the seller so you receive professional help at no cost to you it's a win win. Dawn
Web Reference: http://DawnRivera4Homes.com
There are many real estate companies that advertise the sale of your house. However, first and foremost it is important to know that they're a legitimate company and have the expertise to perform the transaction. As a seller, your goal is to maximize the sales price and a good agents job is to ensure that the seller is aware of all the offers that have been received. Also, you want to work with someone who has the expertise to close your transaction in a timely manner and without any hickups. From my experience, You're better off negotiating a less commission with an experienced agent so that you can maximize your gains and ensure all the proper documents are in place.