Joan Tharp, Home Buyer in Capitola, CA

I saw a townhouse on your listings and now I can't find it again. What happened to it?

Asked by Joan Tharp, Capitola, CA Tue Mar 3, 2009

I looked around your site but can't find 214 Cypress,Alameda,Ca. I also looked in sold homes.

Answers

4
Buyers also need to becareful regarding multiple offers. I have been a broker for 25 years (raised here) and felt that during the time when properties were skyrocketing it was because buyers were competing and scrambling to buy now out of fear of not getting into a home.. Even in that market I educated my buyers on the pitfalls of competing and that it is possible to pay too much for the property even though it may appraise for the higher price. The Woodstock development has always been good for buyers because of it being a coop which kept the values lower than other townhouses and condos in Alameda. This development is still valued well the only issue is that a buyer must use only one particular lender or pay cash. The plus is that there is a lender for this deveopment now as yrars ago the only way to purchase in Woodstock was all cash or seller carryback. Multiple offers are great for sellers.
Web Reference: http://www.jeanpowers.net
Joan

Someone else had posted a question on Trulia, asking about te 99 year lease and how it will affect her if she bought it. At that time, I answered that there were already two offers on the table just a couple of days after the listing was posted, and that the listing agent decided to set an offer date a day later.

I personally showed this property. And there were other realtors showing it at the same time. And although it didn't have any upgrades, it was very clean. Best of all, it had one of the largest fenced yards in that complex.

Because of the price, especially in Alameda, it was very appealing to a lot of people who want to move to our lovely island city. So it received multiple offers. We won't know until escrow closes what it finally sold for.

Please note that this is not uncommon. When a desirable property in a desirable location is priced aggressively to sell, as this one was, it will receive considerable attention. And in this case, multiple offers. On two occasions, in Alameda, I had to compete (and fortunately won) for bank-owned properties.

Hope this helps.

Pacita
Hello Joan as Jean Pointed out this property has an accepted offer. This property was priced well so it had an offer right away. The hard part of this market right now for buyers is for buyers to recognize when a property is priced well. If your ready to buy you need to work with an agent, have your loan situation ready and when the property you like comes on the market be ready to write and offer.

Troy
Web Reference: http://www.troystaten.com
Good Morning Joan,
214 Cypress has an accepted offer. It went pending on 2/27/09. Contrary to what the media is promoting to the public, home are selliing in Alameda. Especially if they are priced properly. There are many buyers out there right now who are ready to make purchases while the prices are very good. Do you have a Realtor working for you? Let me know if I can be of help. Have a great day..