Home Buying in Westminster>Question Details

Maria Tiley, Renter in Westminster, MD

I saw a listing that I responded to and the person who responded to me, I am unsure of who they are and somethings did not jive, I believe it was a

Asked by Maria Tiley, Westminster, MD Sat Feb 15, 2014

scam. Might want to look into them. A 700 dollar a month townhouse in Carroll view in westminster.

Answers

5
If the "owner" states he/she is out of town/state/country, if they can't show you the home, and if they request any sort of wire transfer or western union, you can rest assured it is a scam.
I guest that you need to have a professional working for you ok , I will be happy to give my service ok , contact me , thanks.
Hello. You can always ask for the agents license number that they must carry with them at all times. If they are unable to supply the license number then do not bother to contact them. If they do have a license and you still believe or have proof it is a scam, they can be reported to the MD DLLR. hasnsterth
Maria, there are rental scams all over. The person pretends to be a landlord who is out of town. They ask you to send them a money order and they will Fedex you the keys. I see this a lot, especially on Craigslist. Beware and don't send any more to anyone unless it is at a face to face meeting once you have seen the property. If it is too good to be true, it is a scam. Good luck!
Maria,
Scams are all too often here and on any site that lets anyone post. If the price seems too low or if you are asked to send money overseas don't do it. Deal locally with someone who will meet you at the property, open the door and answer your questions.