Home Buying in Kentwood>Question Details

Tony, Renter in Grand Rapids, MI

I saw a home on Pine Vista. It says it has a 0 lot line. I'm not familiar with the term, but a lot of strange ones come up for Kentwood! What's that?

Asked by Tony, Grand Rapids, MI Wed Feb 20, 2013

Answers

3
Zero lot line basically means that it shares a wall with the neighboring property. It is basically a duplex that is split into to separate single family homes. Most of the homes on Pine Vista and Pine Needles Ct are going to be zero lot line homes. If you are interested in seeing any of them listed for sale, let me know. I have dealt with zero lot line homes in the past.
Web Reference: http://www.BrekSchutten.com
Tony, this home is actually a duplex. In fact, most homes on Pine Vista and couple of other near by streets are duplex properties.

Just in case you don't know what the duplex is - technically this is when two homes get built attached together and share one wall/lot line. Pretty much this is what is refereed as a 0 lot line.

If you need more details or if you have more questions call my office at 616-855-5031 or e-mail me.

Also, on my website at http://www.grhomeslive.com you can specify exactly what kind of property you would like to find such as condo, single family, multi family/DUPLEX etc...
I would like to see how it was used, but if it said the house had a zero lot line, and not that the lot did, it would mean the house is directly on the lot line with no set-back as is often required by zoning rules. They are giving you notice of a possible problem and material fact. You need to look into that with the building or zoning departments. It might be grandfathered and not a big deal, but look into it.