Home Buying in La Colonia>Question Details

wardnorwood, Renter in Oxnard, CA

I reside at 527 N. McKinley Avenue and the owner is a slumlord. He recently lost another property for not paying his taxes and mortgage.

Asked by wardnorwood, Oxnard, CA Sat Dec 21, 2013

How can I find out if this property may be also getting ready to be sold, auction or taken from him. I pay him every month for this property.

Answers

2
This zoning and County Records show the property as a legal duplex. There are 2 properties on a single parcel. The owners, Victorious Life Ministries, were gifted the property through a quit claim deed, and are not apparently in default as there are no outstanding mortgages. The property is located in La Colonia behind a church. One prudent approach may be the following: Be absolutely certain you have a written valid lease, that is signed by the owners or their representative. Otherwise, go see a real estate attorney if you feel you are being mistreated as a tenant of a church building. Good luck with this!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 21, 2013
Where I live, you start by going down to the City. The tax bill for both the county and the city gets paid directly to the city who then parses it out.

If the taxes are unpaid then the city sends it to the county who coordinates collection activities from there.

If you contact the city first, they'll either let you know the status or else they'll probably tell you to contact the county.
Web Reference: http://plymouthhomes.tv/